web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
A friend who collects old phone stuff, but who is not a member of this forum, has asked me to forward this request:

I'm looking for the above document,

(AT&T/Harris-Dracon Installation Manual II722022-001)

which is related to an AT&T/Harris PagePac-I voice paging amplifier and/or the final version of the PagePac-i Voice Paging System Installation Instructions, or any other user document. I have the preliminary version "11/86-1" of the installation instructions.

The unit is a compact desk-top paging amplifier capable of driving (24) 45 Ohm speakers, i.e. an ~2 Ohm load, powered by a wall wart. Curiously, it contains a Mitel Touchtone receiver chip and a Zilog Z8 MCU.

I'd like to find out what purpose they serve in an audio power amplifier. Presumably there is some DTMF code sequence which performs some special function. There's no way to determine the code sequence without a more detailed user or installer doc. than what I have.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
A friend who collects old phone stuff, but who is not a member of this forum, has asked me to forward this request:

Curiously, it contains a Mitel Touchtone receiver chip and a Zilog Z8 MCU.

I'd like to find out what purpose they serve in an audio power amplifier. Presumably there is some DTMF code sequence which performs some special function. There's no way to determine the code sequence without a more detailed user or installer doc. than what I have.

Wondering if it's proprietary. The Z8 is a micro controller, so there is something going on other than the amp. My guess is that it's a programmable tone generator. Program the type of tone and schedule via DTMF. If you have the amp it would be fun to do a tear down and see how it's connected. Won't tell you what the DTMF sequence is though if I'm right.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
10-Q

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
The amp that is described sounds like a PagePac 20 PowerMate, which had available as an accessory a ZoneMate 3 and 8, a Zone Paging adapter. I suspect that the onboard touch tone decoder would be for that.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 193 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024