atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GTech Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/06/07 09:41 PM
Greetings, I changed the system admin on the ucmc to extension 401 and now I can't log in as administrator and the default pw. Has anyone remedied this problem before?

Thanks!
Posted By: walterv Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/07/07 07:56 PM
I did, I stoped selling this crap smile

If yo don't already know, the owner, Ron has steped down and is removing himself from the picture. When Ron bought this company (the USA Division) he thought he could turn it around, the first step was to allign himself with Sprint, that was a total failure.

If I was you I would not continue to sell this product, reson being is the future of Tadiran is up in the air, have you noticed all the recent incentives to buy their products?

Have you also noticed that key people have moved on to other places?

IMHO, Tadiran is a sinking ship that I jumped off of 6 months ago.

The product itself is pretty good, as a matter of fact I would say it is great (the Coral not the POS Ice system), the company itself leaves a lot to be desired.

Just my 2C

Walter
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/08/07 07:16 AM
Walter,

Ron stepping down is something that has been in the works for a very long time. It was not a surprise that it happened. He really irritated the powers that be in Israel when the Sprint issue came to light. Tadiran has been in the business for a very long time. They are not going anywhere. If they do anything the ICE system will go away which would not hurt my feelings. Were you a full blown Tadiran dealer or just selling the ICE? Also, isnt the ICE just a comdial system and if so I don't hear too many issues from the Comdial dealers. If I had the money to go out on my own the first system I would try to become a dealer would be the Tadiran. The flexibility of this system has not been matched by any system. I work for a company that has an NEC SV7000 with IPS2000's at the remote sites. I can honestly say I wish all were Tadiran's because it such a more solid system..
Posted By: walterv Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/08/07 05:59 PM
I am a full blown dealer, as mentioned the Coral is a good solid product and in a very large applications, 100 or more phones it has it's place. My post was more directed to the Ice product, which is made by T-Com. T-Com does make the Comdial, and the Comdial does not have the same problems as the ICE. T-Com also made the Sprint Protege which is a system I like, and had many problems in the early years. T-Com also makes a Vodavi system.

Comdial has a working cordless phone as does Vodavi, but the ice does not. Bottom line is that I believe that Tadiran does not have the same clout with T-Com that Sprint had and Vodavi and Comdial have. Therefore the Ice is not a priority with T-Com.

My office is less than 30 minutes away from Tadiran, with out airing dirty laundry I can surely tell you they have problems.

IMO, Tadiran will never go belly up, but I do see a change of hands in their future.

"The flexibility of this system has not been matched by any system."

Not true IMHO, the ESI blows them away, price wise, and ease of use not to mention features. The only feature Tadiran has over tthe ESI is the cordless options and Flexi-Call.

Where ESI shines is it is easy to program (new install, much more user friendly than Tadiran, Help feature) Also as an owner of a business it is much easier and less expensive to have my people trained with ESI than Tadiran.

Where Tadiran will shine over the ESI is intallations (single site) that has more than 300 phones. If we are networking sites, 100 phones here and 200 phones there, then ESI is the winner.

I can sell an ESI for the same amount of money that it costs me (my cost, no profit) for the Tadiran.

On the sales end, ESI has a demo kit that blows away all other manufactures. My sales people can demonstrate every feature an give them hands on experience, Tadiran does not have that.

Tadiran is much better than Avaya, Norstar, NEC, Panasonic, Toshiba and all other big name brands, but in my experience as of today, ESI beats them on features and price. When the day is done, the consumer would be a nut not to go with ESI.

Walter
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/08/07 08:15 PM
Having been a Tadiran and ESI dealer for 15 years I cannot for the life of me see how you come to that conclusion. You must not have a good Tadiran demo kit then. ESI is feature lite in comparison to Tadiran..and multi site networking you have to be kidding me. The ARS on the ESI is a frigging joke and a 911 nightmare. Is the ESI a good system...hell ya. IS it comparable to the Tadiran?..hell no. Tadiran beats it cold in VOIP, NETWORKING, SCALEBILITY, RELIABILITY, ACD APPS (Call Center), VOICEMAIL (the WICMC blows away the ESI). Sorry you have had issue with the ICE but then again the ICE really isn't a Tadiran product even though it was re-branded. I have issues with Tadiran that I won't go into here but I can safely say the ESI isn't in the same league or class as the Tadiran by far. If it was we wouldn't be selling other systems. If one system could do it all and do it well at a good price everyone would probably be selling that system. We carry ESI, NEC and Tadiran for very good and important reasons. My ESI customers LOVE their systems because they are correct for THEIR apps. The same with Tadiran and NEC.

We stepped away from the ICE after what I saw were GLARING issues and they were not adressing it.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/09/07 06:43 AM
CoralTech,

How would you rate the NEC against the Tadiran Coral series? I am working for a company that has an SV7000,PCA, CCworx, AD-120 (kinesis) and Openworx. the SV7000 is networked with many other locations that have IPS2000's using CCIS protocol. Seems the CTI and apps servers have many issues that NEC doesnt seem to know what's going on with them. Do you like the NEC product and how would you rate them with other systems?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/09/07 01:59 PM
The NEC Aspire is a good solid mid sized system. It does VERY well in mid-sized apps and is very price competetive. We got tired of losing 40-60 phone systems to other companies simply on price. Let's face it MOST people don't want email/fax server integration. They simply want a phone system that has voicemail and works all the time and it easy to use. NEC as a company has their sh*t together. They know how to market and how to support the product. I mean, all the software updates are free...HTF is that for service?
Posted By: walterv Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/09/07 04:49 PM
"Having been a Tadiran and ESI dealer for 15 years I cannot for the life of me see how you come to that conclusion."

Which conclusion?

Walter
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/09/07 06:01 PM
Vodavi's relationship with T-Comm was very short lived with their DHS system. It only lasted a few years until Vodavi realized how bad it was and discontinued it. Their multi-line and single-line cordless phones have nothing to do with the T-Comm product line; the DHS family never had a cordless.

Vodavi is giving T-Comm another try with their "Xcelerator" system that is a very small IP system.
Posted By: GTech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/09/07 09:16 PM
Hey guys! My question was about the Emerald, but the problem is corrected.

My company is only authorized to resell the Emerald and have tried to gain access to the Coral products, but have been denied by the RSM. I have worked on the Coral product since 97'. I have customers up and down my state with Coral's and they love the product. Numerous attempts to Tadiran's RSM have fallen on deaf ears to have us become authorized resellers. Since 97' up until this very day I "toot" Tadiran's prowess, but years of building relationship and putting our clients first has gone a long way. Needless to say, my company's value added services and our precision focus on execution is paying off. We are in the process of replacing our legacy Tadiran client database ( we probably have as much Tadiran clients than the authorized resellers, if not more and probably know more about the system than the resellers do out here) with today's VoIP solutions.

I don't know what is going on with Tadiran's management, but VP Grindy left and now Bregman. My take is that the end user's true voice have been forgotten or ignored, but that is only my opinion.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/10/07 06:47 AM
IF you notice on the Tadiran website, the new CEO for the US division is actual in Israel. Ron was in New York. That could only mean they are doing some damage control from the Bregman years. By no means does that represent the company is in trouble. I think the best thing Tadiran could do is move out of Port West. They were doing just fine in Florida. I could understand wanting to get your company around the heartbeat of the economy but with all the technology in the world today it really doesn't matter where your company headquarters is located in my opinion. Caltech, I can certainly feel your pain. The RSM you have in your area is not the smartest that Tadiran has. I tried many times to try and work for Tadiran in the past few years but I don't understand their logic. When Tadiran was in Florida their Tech Support was TOP notch.. Now most of the guys in Tech support have to put you on hold and ask someone else. Alot of the guys never really dealt with the Coral product before going to work in Tech Support. That to me doesn't make sense, but hey what do I know, I've just been working feverishly on this product for over 10 years now. Hopefully since they had a change in the Tech Support Management as well, the Tech Support will get better. One of the things I dont understand is how Tadiran could not want to help CalTech's company in becoming a dealer when his customer base is largely Tadiran. I know some will say, " well, we are only getting half the story". CalTech and I have talked about this many times on the phone and to me it is an in-justice to him and his company.
Posted By: GTech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/12/07 09:41 PM
Walterv, would like to discuss with you more. May I contact you?
Posted By: walterv Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/16/07 06:24 PM
Sure, call me ..... 631-862-1339 ext. 222
Posted By: Mars Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/17/07 04:50 PM
I have been selling the ICE system for about 10 months now we have about 20 systems installed right now, I have 4 sitting here waiting for install over the next 2 weeks. I have 2 problems with Tadiran. They do not seem that organized when it comes to getting products shipped and the tech support is not the best. I hope to see improvements because I do like the product and I have found it to be very stable once installed. (not including the ICE UCMC that I am having problems with right now.)
Posted By: GTech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/17/07 09:18 PM
Mars,

what kind of problems are you having? i just sold my 1ST Emerald w/UCMC and have yet to deploy. i really do like the coral product, but we are not authorized to resale and have been trying to get authorized for almost 2 years yet we are trying to show our dedication to tadiran and their products by promoting the emerald solution inwhich we are authorized, but key systems are not the core essence of our core business community. i have worked on the coral products since 97'. our rsm in non responsive and at this point of time i am wondering is tadiran really worth the trouble and my rsm (?) for one and foremost: does the end user voice mean anything...in my experience no (contact to discuss), secondly...it seems that the government side is the entity keeping things afloat. when do you just move on? i sincerely have tried to get tadiran and the (ah) rsm to help me help them generate revenue and gain mkt share in CA (BIG BUSINESS ARENA), but have been ignored. there seems to be problems happening at tadiran i don't know because i am not truly invloved, but some of you others may be. please enlighten me to what is going on and should i just discontinue my efforts to become a coral dealer and/or are there better solution out there?
Posted By: Mars Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/18/07 07:41 PM
I think i just got a bad ucmc, none of the help prompts were there, if someone left a message that was too long and the system cut them off it would not prompt the person that they were being cut off. The mail would randomly reboot and all messages left would be deleted. system would stop answering at random.

Dont get me wrong I still like the product, the ucmc is really the first problem I have had. I also get alot of positive feed back from end users.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/20/07 06:39 AM
I have a feeling Tadiran will start using more of the T3 product. You will probably see an in the skin product from them soon. It is a Linux OS. Since Ron Bregman is not calling the shots (UCMC was designed from his other company) the powers that be may start to look at another product. The T3 is going to be or may already be on the Coral Sea with IP integration. The UCMC has come a long way but by no means is it where it needs to be as far as stability goes. I can't believe they put the UCMC on the ICE. The ICE had enough problems without adding to the headaches.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/20/07 07:32 AM
The T3 is on it from all published literature. It's a SIP based voicemail. Quite honestly the Active voice system is so powerful I never understood the ucmc save price.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/20/07 08:06 AM
My understanding is that the Coral sea will be coming with the T3 at first, but they are working on a CMC PC based Vmail that would be Linux and SIP based....at least that is what they eluded to at the Partner meeting at the start of the year.

Steve
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/20/07 10:03 AM
T3 looks pretty cool IMHO.
Posted By: reataylor Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/20/07 11:31 PM
T3 looks very flexible and integrates well with the IPX. We have 3 installed Without problems. And their Tech support seems superb.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/21/07 06:23 AM
I remember getting a demo T3 and hooking it up to our Toshiba system. Their Tech support worked with me until we got the integration almost flawless. The Unified Messaging integration with Exchange was a piece of cake too.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/21/07 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
The T3 is on it from all published literature. It's a SIP based voicemail. Quite honestly the Active voice system is so powerful I never understood the ucmc save price.
We just recently installed an AD-120(Kinesis from ActiveVoice).... Though the install was kinda shakey,,, it is working very well now. The problem with the AD-120 is that it is very reliant on exchange for the unified messaging. The cool thing about it is that you can use Active Directory to setup users....
Posted By: IPGTELECOM Re: Emerald UCMC (Hard drive) - 08/27/07 10:43 PM
Having worked with the SPRINT,ICE, Every TADIRAN PRODUCT since 1992, NEC 2000,IPS,IPK and ASPIRE I can tell you this,,,,, #1 the problem with the ICE and Protege is that they are based on the same platform.(the send and receive all of the database) Changing programming while the system is running is like loading software on windows without shutting your other running programs. It's a problem!(Yes I know you can recieve item but it is the same principle) Check your services calls, It is always a couple of days after a tech has been on site. Most of the time its the tech's. We have over a hundred ICE's installed. 2 had a problem.
To compare the ESI to the Tadiran Coral Product? I'm not sure. Can you walk into a hotel room and plug in a IP phone with no router or VPN? Can you put multiple IP phones in the same offsite location. Does the ESI have Conferencing ports up to 70?
Can you have a built in wireless phone network? Do you have any ESI customers that have a sytem still running after 20 years? Tadiran has always proved reliabilty and provided a awesome engineered product. The tech support staff is probably the best you can work with. The problem they faced was always name recognition. So now that the MITEL has dissapeared, Avaya IP has failed and the Norstar stays pricey the way I see it is that the competition being ESI, ALTIGEN, 3COM, ALLWORX, ASPIRE, and TELEVANTAGE is a very positive thing for Tadiran system. I hope they continue with the product and I think this is a great time to show a little muscle and deliver this product to the market. If you need a key system with unified messaging buy a ESI. If you are looking for a stallion buy a TADIRAN!
need I say more
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help