atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reataylor uCMC - 11/06/08 12:55 PM
Can you change the system prompts on a uCMC and where would you find them?
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: uCMC - 11/13/08 09:28 AM
Never had to do this. That's not to say it can't be done though.
Posted By: reataylor Re: uCMC - 11/14/08 06:08 AM
Response from Tadiran:

NO

In caps, so I guess that is a definite.
Posted By: Riman Re: uCMC - 11/15/08 12:00 AM
It always a matter of how much you want to pay.
If it will need to record all prompts and insert it into the system again it can be very time consuming and expensive.
Posted By: Riman Re: uCMC - 11/15/08 12:00 AM
It always a matter of how much you want to pay.
If it will need to record all prompts and insert it into the system again it can be very time consuming and expensive.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: uCMC - 11/15/08 02:07 PM
If it can't be done, then its not the voicemail I would want working at my office.

The Active Voice systems were always more flexible in that department... I sure hope the new piece of crap Active Voice has out now will allow you to re-record prompts.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: uCMC - 11/15/08 06:02 PM
The wicmc has an entire utility for propmts.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: uCMC - 11/16/08 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Coral Tech:
The wicmc has an entire utility for propmts.
The piece of crap I was talking about was the kinesis system out now.

The Wicmc has always been pretty good except for the fact that it is under powered it seems. Processor speed was an issue for me.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: uCMC - 11/16/08 04:47 PM
You know, I would like to see what would happen if they put 2 gigs ram rather than the paultry 512.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: uCMC - 11/17/08 05:49 AM
That would be something. Then it didn't matter what kind of other programs they put on it to run. they could have the Wicmc, Navigator, Conference Manager and all on one board with no problems.
Posted By: reataylor Re: uCMC - 11/17/08 07:41 PM
Where does simplicity fit into all this?
Posted By: tampasteve Re: uCMC - 11/18/08 04:55 AM
Simplicity is a different animal all together. Personally from a sales side I like the Simplicity, but from a tech side I know most prefer the WICMC. It is decently priced for the product, and from my experience it is pretty solid, especially for an in-skin product. No UM or remote IP administration on Simplicity unless I am mistaken, and it comes in 8, 12, 16, 20 or 24 ports with a min. of 400 hrs storage.

You can see a comparison doc here.

Steve
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: uCMC - 11/18/08 05:48 AM
I only saw one Simplicity on a Coral system. I changed that puppy to a Wicmc real quick when I had the chance.
Posted By: tampasteve Re: uCMC - 11/18/08 06:08 AM
We have a few out there. Customers like them from a users perspective, but admin is easier on a WICMC for sure. For customers that do little admin themselves it is a great option, IMO.

Steve
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help