atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: troy unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/17/06 06:08 AM
From one particular office witht he above inter-tel system installed. No one is able to dial a particular number. I can call the number with my cell and have tried other numbers with the same area code.

Totally stumped! Any idea's??

Thanks
Troy
Posted By: MacGyver Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/17/06 08:04 AM
It may not have anything to do with your system. We have an office that has this issue quite often. In there situation the problem is at the phone company. Try calling from a buttset at the demarc.

Are you getting a recording?
Posted By: OBTW Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/17/06 09:00 AM
I agree with Mac

Something is a not correct in the translations at one of the CO'S .
Posted By: troy Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/17/06 11:58 AM
Thanks. I have tried from the Demark and you are correct. No go. I'll the phone company.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/17/06 03:38 PM
Glad to help Troy. We've had this a few times. Just a warning. If you're office is served by a different LEC than the number you're calling you're in for a game of passing the buck. Just hang strong and hold your LEC accountable for resolving the issue.

Good Luck.
Posted By: anthonyh Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/18/06 08:32 PM
Macgyver hit it on the head. What tends to happen is when a line ports out from one carrier to another, the original carrier never removes the number from their switch or sets the lnp triggers so if you try calling from any line built in the original office your call just rings to a dead port some where.. You can ask your carrier to open an "LNP" (local number portability)ticket with the original carrier. Just keep on your carrier and they should resolve it.
Posted By: OBTW Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/23/06 05:26 PM
We have these issues from time to time with SBC . They usually correct them within 3 to 4 hours .
Posted By: MacGyver Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/23/06 06:29 PM
Yeah, SBC isn't too bad. It's when you're dealing with some CLEC like NII that wants to play pass the buck :bang:
Posted By: grider Re: unable to call a number (Axxess 5.2F2) - 03/24/06 05:51 AM
I've been thru this. Stay on the CLEC. The info about using buttset at DEMARK combined with dialing from cell phone backs them into a corner till they produce results. Also using a closeby other business that uses a different provider really gets under their skin.

STAY ON THAT CLEC!!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help