web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
troy Offline OP
OP Offline
From one particular office witht he above inter-tel system installed. No one is able to dial a particular number. I can call the number with my cell and have tried other numbers with the same area code.

Totally stumped! Any idea's??

Thanks
Troy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It may not have anything to do with your system. We have an office that has this issue quite often. In there situation the problem is at the phone company. Try calling from a buttset at the demarc.

Are you getting a recording?

I agree with Mac

Something is a not correct in the translations at one of the CO'S .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
troy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I have tried from the Demark and you are correct. No go. I'll the phone company.

Glad to help Troy. We've had this a few times. Just a warning. If you're office is served by a different LEC than the number you're calling you're in for a game of passing the buck. Just hang strong and hold your LEC accountable for resolving the issue.

Good Luck.

Macgyver hit it on the head. What tends to happen is when a line ports out from one carrier to another, the original carrier never removes the number from their switch or sets the lnp triggers so if you try calling from any line built in the original office your call just rings to a dead port some where.. You can ask your carrier to open an "LNP" (local number portability)ticket with the original carrier. Just keep on your carrier and they should resolve it.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
We have these issues from time to time with SBC . They usually correct them within 3 to 4 hours .

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Yeah, SBC isn't too bad. It's when you're dealing with some CLEC like NII that wants to play pass the buck :bang:

I've been thru this. Stay on the CLEC. The info about using buttset at DEMARK combined with dialing from cell phone backs them into a corner till they produce results. Also using a closeby other business that uses a different provider really gets under their skin.

STAY ON THAT CLEC!!!

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,401 Shoretel
189,151 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024