atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Talbot Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/14/14 04:35 PM
I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to change a T1C card to an E1/T1.
The trunks on the T1C are set to E&M, and I want to use B-channels on the E1/T1. Is there a way to do this and just move the trunks to the new card without having to reprogram all of the trunk groups, etc?

This is Axxess version 9.007 (CPC)
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/14/14 06:14 PM
You are going to have to set the trunks to whatever the circuit dictates. In your instance, it would be E&M.

The only way to program the T1/E1 card with E&M trunks would be to remove the PRI chip on the card.

At that point, it should be plug and play, although there is a slight possibility that you may have to re-flash the card.

Posted By: Cans and String Re: Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/14/14 06:18 PM
If you are trying to make the T1C a PRI you need the PRI daughter board. If you are trying to make a T1/E1 card a PRI you need a PRI PAL chip. What is the part number of the card?
Posted By: Talbot Re: Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/14/14 06:36 PM
Let me restate. Old card == T1C, ports set to E&M.
New card = T1/E1 with proper PAL - ports will be set to B channels. This is not a problem.

when I change the card from T1 to T1 PRI, all of the trunks associated with the card get wiped out of the database. When set the ports on the new card to B-channel, I get new trunks. I want a simpler way to keep the old trunks and all of the settings. I just want to swap the cards out and change the channel types without having to redo all of the trunk stuff.

Thanks for the replies, too.
Posted By: Stix1 Re: Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/14/14 06:41 PM
You are going to have re-program the trunks into the CO Trunk Groups manually.
Posted By: Talbot Re: Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/14/14 06:44 PM
Ok. Thanks.
Posted By: DND ON Re: Change T1C (E&M) to E1\T1 PRI - 07/15/14 02:23 AM
It's not that big a deal. Delete the trunks, but leave the trunk groups in place, and then add the new trunks back in. The whole process should take 2 minutes.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help