atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: robd SMDR port - 07/06/07 11:01 AM
Ok trying to make this work,

Want to hook up a serial printer to the sdmr port is that possible or do i have to pull the data with a computer first?

If i have to do the computer part what program do I need to do this with?

Thanks in advance

I have intertel access system ver 4.1
Posted By: RCA Re: SMDR port - 07/06/07 11:58 AM
You can do either. If you want a PC to store the info, you can use any third party Call accounting software to read the SMDR data.Use the top RS-232 port on the CPU card (i think by default this puts out SMDR)and make yourself a programming cable adapter wich plugs into the PC. You can search this forum for "pinout" and you will find some older threads describing how to make a programming adapter.
Posted By: robd Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 07:00 AM
what software do you suggest? was there something that came with the inter-tel system?
Posted By: RCA Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 09:02 AM
Inter-Tel's software is called "Inside Track" The third party software that they use is "MicroCall"
Posted By: superfoneguy Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 09:30 AM
Inside Track was End-of-Sale'd a couple years ago. Microcall is OK call accounting s/w. Contact Center Suite is alot better, but more dollars...
Posted By: jmarc Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 09:59 AM
try www.keytelco.com

Very cool cti and call accounting software- cheap.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 12:40 PM
Many people just use HyperTerminal and set it to capture mode if you're looking for a free alternative.
Posted By: BridgeClip Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 08:57 PM
I agree with MacGyver. If you are looking for free "raw" data" then hyper terminal is the way to go. For me, with the Inter-tel if my customer wants all kinds of "sorting" and information "goodies" then I suggest MicroCall.
Posted By: RCA Re: SMDR port - 07/10/07 09:20 PM
Inside Track was End-of-Sale'd a couple years ago
Yes your right, how time flies. When the OP said 4.1 I was time warped back to the 90's.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help