atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RShaffer Voicemail Issue - 08/09/07 06:52 AM
Hello,

This is my first post here.

I have recently taken over a network tech position at a company with Inter-Tel Phone system. I have had an issue come up last week that I cannot figure out.

One of our users voicemail has stoped working. After dialing the extension the phone rings 4-6 times then drops back to the main directory. On the other hand if the user puts his phone on DND any calls made to his extension will go straight to his voicemail.

This issue applies to calls to his extension from Inside and Outside lines.

Im lost! I appreciate any help!
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Voicemail Issue - 08/09/07 07:28 AM
His system forwarding path is not configured properly, likely it is only flagged for DND status. Check System\Devices and Feature Codes\[Stations|Endpoints]\Forwarding Paths
Posted By: RShaffer Re: Voicemail Issue - 08/09/07 09:12 AM
Thank you Chris, There was no forwarding on his physical extension line, adding one did fix the voicemail issue.

I hate to be a pain but a new issue arrised for the same user.

Any internal calls his extension recieves are automatically answered and put into speakerphone. External calls work normally. I have checked flags on physical and virtual stations with known working lines and did not see any difference.
If you have any information, I would appreciate it!

Thanks Again.

Robert Shaffer
Posted By: dfleschute Re: Voicemail Issue - 08/10/07 07:46 AM
It is set to automatically answer internal calls (IC). At the users keyset, enter feature code 319. This eliminates the hands free option.
Posted By: RShaffer Re: Voicemail Issue - 08/14/07 11:46 AM
Thank you dfleschute, your answer corrected the issue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help