atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ferg Account Code Forced Validation - 08/22/07 07:13 AM
G'Day Everyone,

I am looking into enabling Forced Validation of account codes when users make toll calls. Do I need 3rd party software to accomplish this? I am quite sure there are more that 500 codes, possibly 2000 from my time and billing software.

Can you give me some pointers?

Thanks and best wishes.
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/22/07 07:53 AM
you do not need any 3rd party software. The Inter-Tel Axxess/5000/7000 has forced/validated account code capabilities built in. If you have a 1024 or ATM system you should be able to set up that many.
Posted By: Ferg Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/22/07 08:19 AM
Thanks. I have a CS5200 system. I know that the capabilities are built in but what I thought I heard was it is limited to a total of only 500 account codes codes. I cannot find any information to say otherwise.

I am also looking for a way in import all these codes without having to type them all in. Thanks
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/22/07 12:28 PM
I believe 500 is the max on the 5200.
Posted By: Ferg Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/23/07 10:53 AM
OK That's what I heard/thought - 500 max. Do you know of any third party application that can solve that problem?

Maybe an additional computer with the database that the CS5200 would query when users make toll calls??

Thanks
Posted By: Chris_Carlyle Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/24/07 07:02 AM
Not that I am aware of
Posted By: Drew_Ryan Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/24/07 03:46 PM
Check with Inter-Tel. We ran into this a while back. I seem to recall that we used something called Account Code Enforcer. Here is what the white paper from Inter-Tel states:

The System Account Code Enforcer, by Inter-Tel's CTI Solutions Group, enhances Inter-Tel's telephone system account code capabilities by creating an unlimited number of "enforced" optional account codes. The list of allowed account codes is maintained in a database that resides on the PC that is running this application. Phones on the switch are monitored for outgoing activity. When an outgoing call is detected, the associated account code is checked for validity. If the account number is not found in the local database, then the call is automatically disconnected and the call information is logged to a file.

The caller places a call by seizing a trunk, entering an optional account code feature code, entering an account code, and then dialing the number. If the caller fails to follow this procedure or enters an invalid account code, then the call will be disconnected.

The list of stations to monitor is programmable. Also, options are provided to select account code enforcement for local and/or long distance calls. The PC account code database can be updated on a daily basis.
The program is designed to work on a PC dedicated to perform "Call Routing" functions. The System Account Code Enforcer monitors selected stations and terminates invalid outgoing calls.
Posted By: Ferg Re: Account Code Forced Validation - 08/27/07 07:57 AM
Great. Thanks very much. I will ask my Inter-Tel rep.

'preciate it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help