atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/06/09 01:08 PM
I got a call from a customer this AM. They said that the #6 on the keypad is "not working". They were not at the site, so they were not able to tell me if there are other phones with that issue. I will wait to hear if the problem is system wide or just with specific phones. Other than spills or sticky keys, has anyone seen any x16's with similar keypad problems or have any ideas on the resoulution?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/09/09 07:49 AM
It is probably just the 1 set. Have not heard of a system having problems with the touch tone senders.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/09/09 09:00 AM
The customer tested the other phones and they were ok. The 2 problem phones are at the counter of a deli. There is a good chance that some sticky fingers caused the problem. Does anyone know if there are key protectors available for the x16?
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/09/09 10:11 PM
Maybe try Miks Sandman; I bought some from him for a different system some time back. aok aok
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/09/09 10:50 PM
Thanks, I thought of trying Sandman. I got some for Panasonic (for the same customer) direct from another company several years ago, but can't find the paper work and an internet search does not come up with anything.
Posted By: justbill Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/10/09 02:27 PM
See this thread just started today.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/10/09 03:12 PM
Thanks Bill
Posted By: justbill Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/10/09 08:25 PM
If you follow up on this and they need a minimum order let us know, maybe a few can get together to help off set the cost.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/11/09 06:52 AM
Thanks Bill, We had the Viziflex Seels on a Panasonic System that we replaced for this customer. He is in the process of sending the two problem phones in for repair. I will wait to see what he wants to do about the x16 after we find out what caused the problem. I will let you know if he wants some custom made.
Posted By: Jim Baldwin Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/11/09 04:22 PM
Maybe mention to Ernie at Xblue to have as a stock order?
Posted By: justbill Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/11/09 05:23 PM
Good idea. They maybe receptive to it. That and a wall phone bracket that works on standard wall jacks. laugh
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/11/09 05:38 PM
I copied the last three entries with the suggestions and sent them to Ernie.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/12/09 06:34 AM
Reply from Ernie: Paul Lynch is working with our manufacturing partner and other vendors to come up with a wall mount application suitable for our X16 telephone. No success yet but you will be the first to know when that is done.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/12/09 07:45 AM
Ernie says that Viziflex does make x16 and x45 seels. They are not shown on the website. To order them, you have to call them and ask for them by part # (45p)214G47 (x16)215G46
Posted By: justbill Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/12/09 07:55 AM
Thanks for the information. :thumb:
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 08/16/09 08:01 AM
Great info.
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 09/09/09 05:40 AM
I just placed an order for Viziflex x16 Telephone Covers. Orders can now be placed via their website.

Catalog No.: TP01
Make/Manufacturer: xblue
Model #: x16
Posted By: Bob@tcsmn Re: x16 - #6 on the keypad "not working" - 09/10/09 05:28 PM
Got a call from the customer with the two problem phones. They complained that after replacing the 2 phones, the 2 replacement phones had the same problem. Went out to the site with a couple of demo phones and a demo "server" (KSU). I found that they had not replaced the phones. I had placed the extension id on the back of the phones at the original installation. I plugged the temporary replacement phones into the same jacks and they worked fine. I plugged the problem phones into the demo "server" (KSU) and found the same problem with the phones. The number "6" did not work and I could not get into programming from the problem phones. Also, three of the feature button leds were constantly lit and could not be turned off. I suspect water damage to the phones. I have started the rma/repair process and have ordered Viziflex key covers.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help