atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EV607797 Dead 6X - 12/10/13 03:38 PM
I just went out on a service call to a residence with a 6X installed. They lost power and when it came back, the system won't come back up. It lights up and I do get some minor flickering on the LAN port's LED, but the phones just get stuck at the "starting network" display. I did get some soft keys to come up one time and tried pressing the reboot key, but that didn't help. I've replaced the cable between the Allworx server and the switch (it was bad) and moved to other ports on the switch, but nothing changes. Is there anything else that I can do or should I just tell them to call someone else?
Posted By: Bernie Lomax Re: Dead 6X - 12/10/13 06:05 PM
The system is most likely in Safe Mode and would require a login to restore to normal operations. Because it's in safe mode, the phones can't find the address they are programmed to find.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Dead 6X - 12/11/13 01:23 AM
Sent PM
Posted By: Wellco Re: Dead 6X - 12/12/13 12:52 PM
Mick...were you able to help Ed get rollin?

...bob...
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Dead 6X - 12/12/13 04:10 PM
We're trying. It's a bit difficult when the customer doesn't know anything about the system and hasn't had contact with an Allworx dealer in years. We think the mother board has problems, but the CF card is good. Cost for the replacement of the 6X was given ---that would be the quickest solution (using the existing CF card), but we haven't heard back yet.

Anything, yet...Ed??
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Dead 6X - 12/12/13 05:32 PM
Yes, we picked up a deposit check are installing a new system for them tomorrow. This customer has apparently been having continuing problems with this system for years and I think that the installation was just plain shoddy to begin with. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions, Mick.
Posted By: Wellco Re: Dead 6X - 12/13/13 01:38 PM
Glad to hear your on the move Ed..hope all goes well today.

...bob...
Posted By: JohnIdaho Re: Dead 6X - 12/12/17 07:31 PM
Hello Ed this John From Idaho are you still supporting vodavi
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Dead 6X - 12/13/17 06:18 AM
John: I've sent you a private message. Please check your in box.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help