atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Avaya Partner headset - 05/19/04 12:25 PM
I just priced a headset for an Avaya Partner 18D set, and they wanted $162.95 for a SPo2H base with a Supra headset. This setup was one of two that they said would work with Avaya Partner.Does anyone know if a more cheaper, generic multiline headset (not cordless,just a basic one) will work with Partner18D?
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/19/04 02:36 PM
https://www.founderstelecom.com/
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/19/04 05:31 PM
Anhy single line headset telephone available at Target/WalMart/etc. can be plugged into the AUX port of a Partner phone and function as the headset. It's just a matter of finding one with a decent sounding, comfortable headset.
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 04:31 AM
the real question is/ does your customer want button on /off and not lift the handset which is more expensive or that they will
lift the handset off every call which is very inconvienent and will pick up background noise in office if you access the
site above there is a full explanation
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 07:18 AM
What's the deal with "pick up background noise in office" on a headset the requires you to lift the handset? Doesn't they type of headset use a switch to toggle between headset and handset, cutting off the one NOT being used? So even the though the handset is off the cradle to connect to a call, isn't the handset dead?? What am I missing?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 07:23 AM
Tommy is correct you have to take the handset off of to phone to use the headset and that would make your handset dead. I use a Plantronics when I'm helping someone program over the phone and it works great, nice and clear.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited May 20, 2004).]
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 11:36 AM
are u plugged into aux port directly or using the headset adapter
above this started that the headset adapter with headset was costly
one reply suggested go directly to aux port with headset no adapter
and in that case it would not cut off the handset
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
Tommy is correct you have to take the handset off of to phone to use the headset and that would make your handset dead. I use a Plantronics when I'm helping someone program over the phone and it works great, nice and clear.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited May 20, 2004).]
</font>
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 11:49 AM
I'm plugged into the handset, I see your point about the Aux, I plugged mine into the Aux port and it will grab a line but you can't get any talkpath with the headset at all and without an adapter it just seizes the line. I have never seen one or hooked one up to the Aux port but mine sure won't work that way.
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 02:17 PM
i have a plantronics single line phone with a headset i will plug it in to aux tomorrow and let u know what happens
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 06:08 PM
The AUX port is Tip & Ring single line telephone dialtone, with -48vdc and 90vac ringing. You don't want to plug a headset into this port. However, the "partner base" made by Plantronics is simply a single line telephone, with no dial, and a headset. This is designed to go into the AUX port. When you turn the headset ON, you are really taking the single line non-dial phone off hook, drawing dial tone on whatever the Partner extension is programmed to get. You dial on the Partner phone, and turn the headset off when you are done, which is really hanging up the single line non-dial phone.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 07:29 PM
Tommy
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the Plantronics Partner Base unit, I makes perfect sense.
Just goes to show you that you can learn something new everyday [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Is that what Plantronics calls the unit, I would like to take a look-see at it and can't seem to find it at the link above, may come in handy for some of my customers.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/20/04 08:11 PM
If you go through the compatability guide for Plantronics headsets, it finally comes up and says that com-coded items cannot be purchased directly from Plantronics.

I hate posting links for companies that I don't know anything about, but here is one of the first hit when I googled "partner hase headset":

https://www.usedphonesonline.com/Headset_Base_Partner.htm
Posted By: KENB Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/21/04 12:33 PM
the plantronics t10 works plugged into aux port as well as with the small partner adapter that plugs into wall jack
its a single line set with dial and blinks with message light hand set stays on hook.
the unit is on the web site above @ $99.00
if the adapter for partner with a real headset is$162.00 why not do it correctly
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
I'm plugged into the handset, I see your point about the Aux, I plugged mine into the Aux port and it will grab a line but you can't get any talkpath with the headset at all and without an adapter it just seizes the line. I have never seen one or hooked one up to the Aux port but mine sure won't work that way.</font>
Posted By: jjimm Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/23/04 11:33 AM
Well, my ISP finally got my network connection back up (needed new DNS alternates), after I missed the discussion here!
Anyway, thanks to everyone for the info on the headsets. It's been a few years since I've ordered one, and they have increased in price big time!
I understand now that the aux port is T&R, and I am familiar with leaving the handset offhook. I guess the only question remaining is- will the headset pick up only line 1, or what ever line is pressed down? Trial and error will determine this, I'm sure.
The customer has declined to order, thinking that he's going to get a cheap headset from Radio Shack or the equivalent. I think not!

Thanks again!

jjimm
Posted By: gabby23 Re: Avaya Partner headset - 05/28/04 10:47 PM
Hello I have an answer for you as to why you have background noise on you headsets. It is the type of microphone that is on the headset. If you have a tube on your plantronics headset that is called a voice tube and will pick up noise in the background. It is usually a long slender clear or colored tube with a sliver tip on the end. You can get a noise cancelling headset from plantronics that will eliminate most background noises.
Posted By: maha Re: Avaya Partner headset - 03/29/05 09:30 PM
Go to https://headsetplus.com
Posted By: pacecomm Re: Avaya Partner headset - 03/30/05 05:04 PM
If i remember correctly plantronics has three different base units connecting, at the handst jack, thru a splitter at, and the last with some type of xhook lifting device. There was several different base/amplifiers and they have many diferent headsets that could be used with them. By the time i was done configuring it, i was doing it only as a courtesy for my customer.Plantronics was very helpful if you need to call them print the product sheet first it will be helpful to see what they are refering to. good luck
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help