atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Avaya hunt groups - 06/20/04 12:18 AM
Has anyone worked with the group call distribution with hunt groups in the Avaya Partner? It's hard to envision the way it's described in the manual.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya hunt groups - 06/20/04 06:17 AM
Yes all the time, what are you trying to do?
Posted By: jjimm Re: Avaya hunt groups - 06/20/04 01:57 PM
The Avaya Partner is new to me. I haven't worked key systems for quite some time, and I am learning the limitations of the system.

Previously, we had a discussion here regarding rollover lines, and how they must be programmed by telco. I've been studying the manual further,& it makes it sound almost like the system can program rollover lines.
Just to be clear, here's what I mean by "rollover": Example- When busy,call for Line 1 goes to Line 2; if both are busy, call for Line 1 goes to Line 3.

If the system cannot program this, what is the correct function and purpose of the group call distribution with hunt groups?
Posted By: justbill Re: Avaya hunt groups - 06/20/04 02:22 PM
This is an internal hunt group, not external, they hunt from one extension to another. Call distribution is the calls are distributed in the call group evenly, no one gets inundated with calls while others get none.
Bill
Posted By: jjimm Re: Avaya hunt groups - 06/21/04 10:53 AM
So, if I understand this correctly, using GCD & hunt group, an outside line would ring in, and hunts through member extensions for an available extension. If there are none, it will just ring, if auto attendant or voicemail is not chosen as an option. It will not hunt to the next line.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya hunt groups - 06/21/04 11:09 AM
Correct, it will not hunt ot a line, just stations.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Avaya hunt groups - 06/21/04 11:35 AM
Got it. Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help