atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kingtel Merlin Legend help - 02/04/05 03:22 PM
It's been a long time since I have touched one these systems and need some help with identifying this legend or Merlin 2. I need to program some new lines onto a few sets.
I took a MLX-20 out to the job site to program the new lines, but system did not have a MLX card installed.
My oldest AT&T Merlin Legend system program manual says use a MLX 20 or SPM software which I'm now looking for.
My first ? - Is it possible this is a Merlin 2 and can be programmed with a hybrid set on sta 10. The processor is labled "Large System equiped with FM2". Has a SMDR and Admin port. If it is a Merlin 2, what are program codes or a source I can codes & proceures from to add lines.
If it's a Legend 2.0 where can I get SPM software.
Need advice and help with setup and programming.
Sorry this got long.
Thanks a ton for any advice and procedure tips.

Rich
Posted By: JBW Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/04/05 04:56 PM
https://support.avaya.com/japple/cs...ct=143445&temp.selectedBucket=108025
The avaya support site has the spm on it for free. I think you may have the legend processor. Do you have a single line card in the system.
JBW
Posted By: locg Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/04/05 05:53 PM
i think its a merlin two if it said fm2 on the processor. what voicemail do they have? that would tell the story..

[This message has been edited by locg (edited February 04, 2005).]
Posted By: kingtel Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/04/05 08:19 PM
Reply to JBW & locg : Yes it does have a 012 analog sta card in the last occupied slot, with 3 ports patched to a Compaq Deskpro 575 PC. From what I could see, it did not look like any AT&T VM.
Main screen had GVM Systems in upper left corner. Prior to the 012 card is two 408 cards. ( not 408 GS/LS cards )
The processor does not have a PCMIA slot, or fault indicator above it. Just SMDR & Admin ports.
I'm leaning towards a Merlin 2 vs Ledgend.
If it is a M2, can it be programmed with a BIS 22 set.
I'm searching for a downloadable Merlin 2 FP2 program manual in hope it can anwser some of my questions.
Anymore feedback or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: JBW Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/04/05 09:05 PM
I seem to remember a legend r2 and I don't recollect that it had the pcm slots but it did have a mlx card in the 1st slot. Any way you can program some features by sliding the switch on the phone to the p position, pressing a button, and entering a feature code. I have a legend r2 manual and the r2 analog multiline telephones users guide if you need any specific codes from the manuals I have. If you have a merlin II my manual shows that you can program it with a BIS34D by
place prgrm overlay on ext 10
enter programming
1 - touch admin tel
2 - touch the auto intercom button for the voice terminal you're programming
3 - touch and lite the appropriate line buttons to be added to this voice terminal
exit programming
This applies to a system in the square mode.
If anyone can explain this better feel free to hop in.
JBW

[This message has been edited by JBW (edited February 04, 2005).]
Posted By: locg Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/05/05 01:48 PM
i think you slide the switch down on the left of ext 10 that programming mode. you need a manual its pretty easy to program.
Posted By: ttech Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/05/05 02:29 PM
Does the processor have the big 96pin diagnostic header on the processor, If it does it's a Merlin II

The fact that it has a port labeled ADMIN leads me to believe it is a legend. Go to a phone and dial *10 - do you hear a modem tone. Also remember the OLD legends only connect a t 1200 baud using SPM or WinSPM. (yes you can use Winspm but you won't get quick access and you basically bet Standard SPM emulation)

~Don~
Posted By: kingtel Re: Merlin Legend help - 02/08/05 02:34 PM
Thanks guys,

You comments and anwsers stirred up some stagnet grey matter.
I was able able to access the system with WIN SPM and and take care of the line adds and changes without a hitch. Turns out the system is Legend rel 2.1 v4.0

Rich
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help