atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pacecomm Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/19/05 03:55 PM
this weekend (hopefully finishing tommorrow)I'm cutting over pvm 7.0 attached to a acs 5.0 configured for both day and night service messages the problem is that only the night message answers with the night service button in day mode. The pvm 7.0 is in the fourth slot ext 34-39. Ive gone over the vm and acs config and i"m pulling the hair out my head. Any help would be great while i still have some left.
Thanks in advance
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/19/05 04:16 PM
I don't quite understand your post, are you controlling it with the Night button or are you using the Schedule controller?

In other words are you controlling it by the switch or the VM.
Posted By: gkar Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/19/05 04:24 PM
You need to change the schedule & controller. Go to where you configured your Day and Night Attnd's and listen to the rest of the menu. You will need to set up a time control schedule
Posted By: hbiss Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/19/05 06:48 PM
Make sure you have all your VM ports programmed properly- #505 group7. Only one port is used to receive the information from the switch to change from day to night and if it is not programmed that is not going to happen.

-Hal
Posted By: pacecomm Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/19/05 09:17 PM
thanks guys
I have recorded the day and the night messages and the night service button will be used to toggle between the two. i cant figure why it would grab the night mode as opposed to the day mode. without pointing it you wouldthink it would go to day mode. i will double check my config in group call distribution 505. Any other thoughts??
Posted By: gkar Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/20/05 08:08 AM
Do you understand the auto-attendant schedule and controller funtions?
Posted By: pacecomm Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/20/05 12:15 PM
gkar, the default for the schedule/controller that i recalled was night button. some how i reconfiguered the schedule to- day- closed all. reset it to schedule with night button and everthing ok. not using the schedule feature before does the night meu button toggle between day and night or just change to night mode? thanks
Posted By: ScoTTeL Re: Avaya pvm 7.0 - 03/20/05 01:43 PM
The system will always remain in Day mode unless you press the night button if you have it set to follow the control unit and not a schedule. So it is not really a toggle per se.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help