atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mdaniel Need some Norstar help - 05/24/05 05:42 PM
We have a customer we recently up-graded one of their locations to a ACS R.7 with Partner messaging and about 25 exts. One of the ext is in a warehouse location with the Engenues 940. They love it. They called me today on one of their other locations where they currently have a Northern Telecom Meridian Norstar. Bought sometime around 1990. They use M7208 model phones. The only numbers I could get off of the processor was NT5B01. They want to add VM with AA and to add a analog Engenues cordless phone.

I don't know Nortel. Can someone tell me if it is possible for them to do what they want with what they have or should I try to up-grade this location to a ACS also?

Thanks,
Posted By: dtmf Re: Need some Norstar help - 05/24/05 05:44 PM
You may want to post this one in the Nortel section.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Need some Norstar help - 05/24/05 06:12 PM
Thanks dtmf.
Posted By: scrawford55 Re: Need some Norstar help - 06/02/05 07:40 AM
Don't know if you got any answers in the Nortel section yet but, Nortel makes an analog terminal adapter for the Norstar. That would let you connect the cordless phone.
Voicemail systems are also available for Norstars. Not sure if they're compatible with a system that old. Try the reseller market.
Posted By: walterv Re: Need some Norstar help - 06/02/05 10:44 AM
You would need to upgrade the software to DR5, you will also need to have a DS version of the KSU(the DS stands dor disconnect supervision).
You can use a Norstar voice mail or any other non oem voice mail. If you do not use a Norstar voice mail you will need to purchase a VMI (voice mail interface). You will need one of these for every 2 ports of voice mail.

Walter
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Need some Norstar help - 06/02/05 11:16 AM
thread was moved to:
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/001156.html
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help