atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rhonda List of Stations using a feature - 07/19/06 11:16 AM
Switch: Definity G3si version 11

I have a telephone in our factory area that keeps ringing and ringing. When someone picks up the phone there is nothing there. A supervisor thought the voicemail said something about "auto callback." I am wondering if someone in the building is accidently envoking auto-callback on this phone. I tried the cancel auto-callback but that didn't help.

Does anyone know if I can pull a report of the the extensions in the switch with special features envoked. I'm thinking some kind of li measurements list... though I can't find a command to work.

I did a busyout and release on the port and it's been quiet since but incase it starts again.

Thanks, Rhonda
Posted By: liquidvw Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/19/06 12:08 PM
Run the command 'list trace station XXXX' where XXXX is the station the keeps getting these phantom calls. That may help us see what is going on. The trace will only last for a short time, then it will time out, so you will need to keep running the trace until you capture with the phantom call data that we are looking for.
Posted By: Rhonda Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/19/06 01:20 PM
Good Idea!!! Thank you :bow:
Posted By: pbogi Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/20/06 02:09 PM
If it's a single-line set, chances are that the end-user is putting the first call on hold by flashing the switchhooks on the set.

It usually happens when someone tries to make a call, but hangs up quickly for some reason, such as a dialing error, and dials out successfully on the 2nd try.

What they have done is placed the first attempted call on hold. When they are done with their "call" and hang up, the phone rings back and no one is there.

Just a thought. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Rhonda Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/20/06 05:24 PM
The phone is an analog guard desk phone. They get done at 6am this phone is ringing a lot in the morning. When I booted the port, that seemed to stop the calling. I would guess that sounds like a good explaination for the issue. It only happens a few times a month. Since it hadn't happened since I booted it I didn't get a chance to do a li trace on it but I will when it acts up again.

Thanks for all the help!
Posted By: liquidvw Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/21/06 05:57 AM
Does this phone have a coverage path?
Posted By: Rhonda Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/21/06 08:10 AM
It does have a coverage path but it only goes to voicemail. On the days when these calls come in, there are usually 1 or 2 dead air messages on the extension. I haven't had a problem since I rebooted the port though I'm sure one of these days someone will call and yell at me again. I know it's not a fax tone coming in. I'm waiting for it to start again to run the li trace on it.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/21/06 08:28 AM
Here is the reason I asked about the coverage path. There is a feautre that you can turn on to notify someone when there is a security violation. These voilations include login, remote access, auth code, or station security code. The result of a security voilation is that a phone will be called, ususally a digital display phone. Regardless the call will NOT cover. This may or may not be your case, but have a look

'disp sys sec'
The referral destination field is what phone will be called.
Posted By: Rhonda Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/21/06 10:45 AM
I just checked out the "disp sys sec" and the destination is "attd" which is me at the switchboard. It was a good idea though. Thanks for the wider view of what to look at. :bow:
Posted By: gkar Re: List of Stations using a feature - 07/26/06 08:46 PM
Change the extensions COS to one that has auto-callback off. On the stations second page you can disable switchhook flash if other features are not needed.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help