web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Switch: Definity G3si version 11

I have a telephone in our factory area that keeps ringing and ringing. When someone picks up the phone there is nothing there. A supervisor thought the voicemail said something about "auto callback." I am wondering if someone in the building is accidently envoking auto-callback on this phone. I tried the cancel auto-callback but that didn't help.

Does anyone know if I can pull a report of the the extensions in the switch with special features envoked. I'm thinking some kind of li measurements list... though I can't find a command to work.

I did a busyout and release on the port and it's been quiet since but incase it starts again.

Thanks, Rhonda

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Run the command 'list trace station XXXX' where XXXX is the station the keeps getting these phantom calls. That may help us see what is going on. The trace will only last for a short time, then it will time out, so you will need to keep running the trace until you capture with the phantom call data that we are looking for.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Idea!!! Thank you :bow:

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
If it's a single-line set, chances are that the end-user is putting the first call on hold by flashing the switchhooks on the set.

It usually happens when someone tries to make a call, but hangs up quickly for some reason, such as a dialing error, and dials out successfully on the 2nd try.

What they have done is placed the first attempted call on hold. When they are done with their "call" and hang up, the phone rings back and no one is there.

Just a thought. Hope this helps.

Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
The phone is an analog guard desk phone. They get done at 6am this phone is ringing a lot in the morning. When I booted the port, that seemed to stop the calling. I would guess that sounds like a good explaination for the issue. It only happens a few times a month. Since it hadn't happened since I booted it I didn't get a chance to do a li trace on it but I will when it acts up again.

Thanks for all the help!

Does this phone have a coverage path?

Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
It does have a coverage path but it only goes to voicemail. On the days when these calls come in, there are usually 1 or 2 dead air messages on the extension. I haven't had a problem since I rebooted the port though I'm sure one of these days someone will call and yell at me again. I know it's not a fax tone coming in. I'm waiting for it to start again to run the li trace on it.

Here is the reason I asked about the coverage path. There is a feautre that you can turn on to notify someone when there is a security violation. These voilations include login, remote access, auth code, or station security code. The result of a security voilation is that a phone will be called, ususally a digital display phone. Regardless the call will NOT cover. This may or may not be your case, but have a look

'disp sys sec'
The referral destination field is what phone will be called.

Rhonda Offline OP
OP Offline
I just checked out the "disp sys sec" and the destination is "attd" which is me at the switchboard. It was a good idea though. Thanks for the wider view of what to look at. :bow:

Change the extensions COS to one that has auto-callback off. On the stations second page you can disable switchhook flash if other features are not needed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024