atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Station Specialties Manual Transfer to Announcement - 01/25/07 09:30 AM
This is what I need to do but don't think it can happen.

Scenario: The Call gets answered by live person with A VS 5 mail. The person who answers the phone would like to transfer the caller to an announcement that after playing hangs up. I would think I could transfer to a Selector code announcement in a group assignment like 775 or something of that nature. What am I forgetting?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Manual Transfer to Announcement - 01/25/07 11:40 AM
You could transfer to a mailbox and record your announcement as the personal greeting but it isn't going to hang up. It will give the caller a beep and start recording. Take my word for it won't work because people will say something and the mailbox will fill up.

What I would do is use something like a Premier Technologies CH 6000 or DVR 1800 depending on the call volume. Set these up as extensions and transfer to them for the announcement.

-Hal
Posted By: cvrbob Re: Manual Transfer to Announcement - 01/25/07 12:03 PM
find a ans machine with call announce for about 40 dollars wired to a station port
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Manual Transfer to Announcement - 01/25/07 12:29 PM
On the VS R.5 can't you set a mail box to no-record mode in the call answer service menu for that box?

If so you could do what Hal suggested with VS R.5.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Manual Transfer to Announcement - 01/25/07 03:42 PM
I don't believe the R5 does that Mike.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Manual Transfer to Announcement - 01/25/07 04:31 PM
You are correct Hal.
I found an old user guide for the VS R.5 and it does not.

1= create message
2= listen
3= greeting
4= PO
5= password
6= outcalling
7= lists
8= transfer
9= operator

My Bad.
Thanks All. I did not think it would do it but I thought just maybe.. it could be tricked.

An answering device like a viking DVA-line powered digital announcer or a cheap answering machine would do the trick. Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help