atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fonedoc777 Networking and Direct Voice Mail - 08/08/07 06:56 PM
I maintain a legend network with site A = Legend V7.0 & CVM (Audex)~~ site B AND C are Magix. Direct Voice Mail has been working from any site, to any other site for 5 years, apparently even though should not have.
I added, at site A, 100 new "Virtual DID" to VM by renumbering some adjunct ranges (used 501-599). It appears that then, or up to 2 weeks later, it no longer works from the Legend (A) to B & C (Magix's). (A to A ok) But B & C can DVM A&B&C. HA!

The Network docs state this:

"Direct Voice Mail can be used for local extensions only and cannot be used for
non-local extensions. The person calling and the person being called must be on
the same system. In Release 6.1 and later systems, if a local extension is covered
by a centralized VMS/AA at a remote system, Direct Voice Mail can be used to
place or transfer a call directly to a local extension’s voice mailbox on the
centralized VMS/AA without ringing the telephone."

My customer says "fix it". Did some GURU in my past guide me thru secret fixes that I unknowingly messed up, or what?
Your assistance is appreciated!
I take it you built the adjuncts on one switch, and are using UDP to point the other switches to them?

Since these are virtuals, you could build them locally on EACH switch, removing the UDP routing to keep them as local to each other.
Posted By: fonedoc777 Re: Networking and Direct Voice Mail - 08/09/07 06:36 PM
Yes and No.
DVM key "B to A, B, or C" and "C to A, B, or C" works great at those 2 Magix Sites.
Only the Legend (A), which is the hub (B&C t-1's to A), FAILS when using DVM key to networked sites (B & C). It causes the dialed extension to ring the phone, answer or go to VM. It is NOT suppose to work according to AVAYA. But it has worked for 5 years and just stopped recently.
Well, you're right. DVM isn't supposed to work from one site to another. Only to extensions local to a site, even if the VM lives off-site. So I don't know how it worked for you previously.

How long ago did you make the changes? Depending on how your automatic backup is programmed, you may be able to restore from the PC card, and retest your features, confirm that it works against how it is supposed to work, and try programming again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help