web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I maintain a legend network with site A = Legend V7.0 & CVM (Audex)~~ site B AND C are Magix. Direct Voice Mail has been working from any site, to any other site for 5 years, apparently even though should not have.
I added, at site A, 100 new "Virtual DID" to VM by renumbering some adjunct ranges (used 501-599). It appears that then, or up to 2 weeks later, it no longer works from the Legend (A) to B & C (Magix's). (A to A ok) But B & C can DVM A&B&C. HA!

The Network docs state this:

"Direct Voice Mail can be used for local extensions only and cannot be used for
non-local extensions. The person calling and the person being called must be on
the same system. In Release 6.1 and later systems, if a local extension is covered
by a centralized VMS/AA at a remote system, Direct Voice Mail can be used to
place or transfer a call directly to a local extension’s voice mailbox on the
centralized VMS/AA without ringing the telephone."

My customer says "fix it". Did some GURU in my past guide me thru secret fixes that I unknowingly messed up, or what?
Your assistance is appreciated!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
I take it you built the adjuncts on one switch, and are using UDP to point the other switches to them?

Since these are virtuals, you could build them locally on EACH switch, removing the UDP routing to keep them as local to each other.

OP Offline
Yes and No.
DVM key "B to A, B, or C" and "C to A, B, or C" works great at those 2 Magix Sites.
Only the Legend (A), which is the hub (B&C t-1's to A), FAILS when using DVM key to networked sites (B & C). It causes the dialed extension to ring the phone, answer or go to VM. It is NOT suppose to work according to AVAYA. But it has worked for 5 years and just stopped recently.

Online Content
Well, you're right. DVM isn't supposed to work from one site to another. Only to extensions local to a site, even if the VM lives off-site. So I don't know how it worked for you previously.

How long ago did you make the changes? Depending on how your automatic backup is programmed, you may be able to restore from the PC card, and retest your features, confirm that it works against how it is supposed to work, and try programming again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,760
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,430 Shoretel
188,198 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (mongo5150, Touch Tone Tommy), 82 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024