atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fones COR, FRL and Route Pats - 10/16/07 02:20 PM
Afternoon-

I have an agent with cor 65, FRL 5. Does the FRL mean thatb the Route Pattern has to be 5 or higher, or lower? This FRL thing has always KMA.

Thanx
Posted By: liquidvw Re: COR, FRL and Route Pats - 10/16/07 02:45 PM
The call will route if the station has a COR with a FRL greater then or equal to that of the route pattern.
Posted By: fones Re: COR, FRL and Route Pats - 10/17/07 02:24 PM
I've been bent over my keyboard and a couple of intense implementation manuals off and on the past few days trying to nail this down in my brain. This stuff will glaze your eyes over after 3 or 4 hours. In my notes I have jotted down I have the "or higher" part down but then the Definity Implementation docs go on about FRL 0 being the least restrictive and 7 being the most restrictive which in my sponge brain contradicts the "or higher" statement. Guess I need to keep reading....or stop drinking, again.
Thanx.
Posted By: fones Re: COR, FRL and Route Pats - 10/17/07 02:36 PM
I think my eyes just caught something, it's the RoPat FRL I need to consider...digging on
Posted By: mikeydidit Re: COR, FRL and Route Pats - 10/18/07 06:53 AM
We use the FRL thing to restrict people that would not normally be restricted. I know that is about as clear as mud so I will explain.

I have several trunks group and some are used as backups in case our main PRI trunks go down. See below.

Code
 route pattern 7
        1   5    2      user y y y y y n   n   none      rest
        2   2    6      user y y y y y n   n   none      rest   
For normal calls the FRL of 2 will work but should the main trunks go down you need an FRL of 6 or higher to be able to use them. This way not everyone can use the few backup trunks I have but administration and the nurses stations can.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: liquidvw Re: COR, FRL and Route Pats - 10/18/07 10:13 AM
In my notes I have jotted down I have the "or higher" part down but then the Definity Implementation docs go on about FRL 0 being the least restrictive and 7 being the most restrictive which in my sponge brain contradicts the "or higher" statement.
It depends on what were talking about routes or stations. If its a station then a low FRL is very restrictive, but if its a route then a low FRL is unrestrictive.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help