atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: reidtel PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 03:33 PM
Folks, I've got a major nightmare so I hope someone can help asap. My customer has gotten rid of his pots and did lines and we cutover to a PRI to replace them. I was emailed the PRI cheat sheet and used it exactly the way it instructed. Verizon has it configured as Custom (5ESS) with ESF framing and B8ZS suppression. At this point, when I try to make an outgoing call using pool 70, I dial 9 and the number and I get a wave off from the system. I also observed the led on the 100D module while trying to dial out. The amber did not light. When trying to call in on the new DID's, I get a fast busy. On the old DID numbers, it goes to a recording not generated by the Legend. Verizon says the pipe looks good from their end. I bypassed the CSU...same thing. I've quadruple checked the PRI programming and pool 70 shows that the lines (channels 01-23) are there. What could be causing the problems? Right now they are sitting dead in the water except for 1 pots line. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 03:49 PM
Sorry, I meant fast busy, not a wave off when I try to call out.
Posted By: pdwoosley Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 04:37 PM
Do you have a red light on the 100DCD card? If so then you have a protocol or connection issue between you and the provider. If not then it is a programming issue. I would look at the ARS tables if there is no red light.
Posted By: merlinman Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 04:49 PM
I would be willing to bet it's programming in the PRI of the Legend.

Feel free to PM me.
Posted By: ttech Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 05:02 PM
This is a Cut and Paste from Touch Tone Tommy

Maye it will help

his is a newly provisioned service and unable to call in or out.

*Print PRI information. IF the customer confirms that the PRI service is relatively generic and id utilizing Direct Inward Dial, here a some things to take a look at.

1)Is the switch type entered and correct?

2)Is the number of “B” channels entered the same as the number of lines?

3)Is there any number entered in the TestTelNum Field? If so delete it.

4)Are they using Direct Inward Dialing? If so, make sure Incoming Routing is set to By Dial Plan.

5)Look at entry ‘0’ in the Call-by-call Service Table. Are the Patterns 0-9 entered?

6)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’, for the call by call service table, set to no service?

7)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’ , for Dial Plan Routing Table, set to “Any Service”?
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 05:52 PM
Needs info. What slot is your PRI in, Does all "B" channels in, Does all Lines in the Pool 70. In Services go to CBC set up and make sure every entry has corresponding number in: 0=0, 1=1, 2=2 and so on. How many digits you expect, does DID matches you ext. numbering plan? Can Verizon see your "D" channel and "B" channels? If yes you are sinking with verizon if not wrong Protokol. Go into Maintanence and see ststus of your T. What is the ststus R, G, Y? Then go to Alarms and Drop all Permanent alarms.
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 05:57 PM
ttech, here's what I have. I used the PRI cheater that Tim sent me.

1)Is the switch type entered and correct?
5ESS is carrier's switch type.

2)Is the number of “B” channels entered the same as the number of lines?
I have 23 "B' channels. Not sure what you mean when you say number of lines.

3)Is there any number entered in the TestTelNum Field? If so delete it.
I didn't enter a number in TestTelNum Field. I will check that tomorrow.

4)Are they using Direct Inward Dialing? If so, make sure Incoming Routing is set to By Dial Plan.

Yes they are using Direct Inward Dialing
Programmed as Routing By Dial Plan

5)Look at entry ‘0’ in the Call-by-call Service Table. Are the Patterns 0-9 entered?
Call by Call service is:
Entry 0 Pattern 0 Entry 6 Pattern 6
Entry 1 Pattern 1 Entry 7 Pattern 7
Entry 2 Pattern 2 Entry 8 Pattern 8
Entry 3 Pattern 3 Entry 9 Pattern 9
Entry 4 Pattern 4
Entry 5 Pattern 5

6)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’, for the call by call service table, set to no service?
Yes. F4 Misc F2 No Service

7)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’ , for Dial Plan Routing Table, set to “Any Service”?

Dial Plan Network Service:
F7= DialPlanRtg
F1= Service (Entry no. 0)
F4- Misc
F2= Any Service
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 06:07 PM
Vad60
PRI is in slot 05 (replaced DID module that previously resided there)

Didn't quite understand your question "Does all "B" channels in, Does all Lines in the Pool 70", but I put all of my "B" channels from 0501-0523 (809-831) in 70 pool if that's what you mean. I feel that somewhere in here is where I screwed up. CBC service is entry 0=0, 1=1 through 9=9.

Expect 3 digits and carrier is sending 3 digits.
I will check with Verizon to see if they can see both "B" and "D" channels. I do recall them saying that they can see the "B" but I'll check.
Thanks Vad, I'll check and clear alarms.
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 06:15 PM
pdwoosley
No red lights on 100D. What would I be looking for in ARS tables?
Posted By: Z-man Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 06:45 PM
If you have no red lights on the T-1, then chances are you or the provider have the wrong switch type and protocol. I have seen it too many times where they set up the switch as a 5ESS and set the protocol to national. It needs to be ATT Custom. Have them check it.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 06:49 PM
Go to Tables, Subpattern A, tables 17 & 18 First choice is Pool 70, second is another Pool if you have back up lines. make sure all exts have a Pool 70 asigned to but all lines setup for no ring. No Red lidht is good. Means No Alarm. Program looks good.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 07:03 PM
If verizon seeing "B" channels means "D" channel is up and T is ready to be used. Make sure exts have Pool asigned then you can dial 9 and make a call. For easier operation go to Extensions>Dial out code, put 70 in it just for testing.
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 07:14 PM
vad60, I'll re-check to make sure Verizon sees the "B" channel. As for the exts, buttons are programmed for 70 pool. They were already there from when the pots lines were assigned. I removed those lines from the pool and replaced them with the "B" channel lines. Thanks
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 07:18 PM
can you make a call?
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 07:22 PM
Z-man, I asked them today about the protocol and they told me it is set to Custom 5ESS and not National. That was my first concern because I've seen that before also. I was looking at a PRI troubleshooting print out and one of the questions was "is the number of "b" channels entered the same as the number of lines?" I'm still trying to figure exactly what that means.
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 07:26 PM
vad60
No I can't make a call. I get a fast busy and the amber in use LED doesn't come on on the 100D.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 07:31 PM
Did you go to Maintenance>Slot>05>Status? What do you see?
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 08:05 PM
reidtel,
One more think I would like you to check out on it. ETI(Equipment Test Identifier). Must be 0. One day I spend 5 hours because some "smart a..) set that up to 23. I couldn't make any calls and couldn't receive any. BTW amber light will come up only if calls came in or dialed out.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/20/08 11:01 PM
I had two brief conversations with Larry today, where he reported the following:

1. The red LED on the 100DS1 board is extinguished. This is good. The board is not in Standby mode and the D-Channel is up.

2. Carrier's line code and framing are set to B8ZS and ESF. The telco "sees" that the D-Channel is up. The line code/framing settings in the Magix are also set to B8ZS/ESF.

3. Two DID ranges are involved: one is a ported range, the other is new. Calls to the new range give fast busy; a telco recording is heard on calls placed to the ported range. In both cases, it sounds like the telco has not completed the port or has made a serious error with their translations in the process.

4. The amber LED does not illuminate during an outbound call attempt. Fast busy is heard. My guess is that this is either a protocol mismatch (preventing proper call setup on a B-Channel) or some Magix programming that wasn't covered in the "cheat sheet" that I sent him. His ARS table seems OK, but I forgot to ask if there were any restrictions on the extension used to make the test calls.

Magix PRI trunks will occasionally go into a maintenance-busy state, which can be cleared by busying out and releasing the individual trunks (Maintenance > Port > Line/Trunk). This should be checked whenever the telco performs line tests or otherwise takes the PRI out of service for extended periods.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 03:34 AM
I am wondering what cards is in slots 1-4 if trunks numbers started with 809? Why is a Magix if you said its a Legend?
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 03:38 AM
vad, I did check the status of the board in slot 5. Errors - yes, Maintenance busy - no. I don't remember what the errors were but I will check today. Anything in particular that I should pay attention to?
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 04:10 AM
It's a Legend
Posted By: ttech Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 04:56 AM
You can set a few of the trunks ito pool 890 and set a test phone to allow dial out code 890 and it should allow you to bypass ARS and directly call out on those lines. also try dialing a # after the digits. It does take a few seconds for the call to set up and the # tells the legend to stop waiting for dialed digits and send what it has to the provider

Also make sure it is a REAL 5e switch they have and not a soft switch. I had a PRI provided that was actually on a Santera Soft switch and it never worked.
Posted By: Z-man Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 06:36 AM
If it is set to 5ESS, make them double check that the protocol is ATT Custom. They like to assume things on their end, and by default, most protocol is NI2. If there is a protocol mismatch, the D-channel will be up, but no B-channels will be available, thus the fast busy. Remember, there is Switch Type AND Protocol. Two different settings that they have to do.

You can do a quick print of the PRI setup to make sure it is programmed correctly. It should list 1-23 as the B-channels on that card. I assume this is a full PRI instead of a Partial PRI?

ARS is not your problem as you would get a call denied vs. busy.
Posted By: merlinman Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 06:36 AM
I would suggest you make available a print out of your PRI & TRUNK(General) Programming.

That could tell us what you missed if anything.
Posted By: vad60 Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 01:34 PM
Hey Reidtel,
What is the status in Maintenance for slot 5 for R, Y & G?
If Errors said yes do Reset and Restart. Do you have Red light on Prcessor card? If yes go and clean'em up.
Posted By: reidtel Re: PRI cutover problems on Legend - 03/21/08 03:47 PM
It's up and running. Verizon had it configured as National 1, despite telling me yesterday that it was set for Custom. I guess that's no surprise, but it really pi**es me off. Anyway, I posted a thanks to all that helped. You guys are great and if you are ever in the DC area, drinks are on me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help