Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Folks, I've got a major nightmare so I hope someone can help asap. My customer has gotten rid of his pots and did lines and we cutover to a PRI to replace them. I was emailed the PRI cheat sheet and used it exactly the way it instructed. Verizon has it configured as Custom (5ESS) with ESF framing and B8ZS suppression. At this point, when I try to make an outgoing call using pool 70, I dial 9 and the number and I get a wave off from the system. I also observed the led on the 100D module while trying to dial out. The amber did not light. When trying to call in on the new DID's, I get a fast busy. On the old DID numbers, it goes to a recording not generated by the Legend. Verizon says the pipe looks good from their end. I bypassed the CSU...same thing. I've quadruple checked the PRI programming and pool 70 shows that the lines (channels 01-23) are there. What could be causing the problems? Right now they are sitting dead in the water except for 1 pots line. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I meant fast busy, not a wave off when I try to call out.

Larry

Do you have a red light on the 100DCD card? If so then you have a protocol or connection issue between you and the provider. If not then it is a programming issue. I would look at the ARS tables if there is no red light.

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
I would be willing to bet it's programming in the PRI of the Legend.

Feel free to PM me.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
This is a Cut and Paste from Touch Tone Tommy

Maye it will help

his is a newly provisioned service and unable to call in or out.

*Print PRI information. IF the customer confirms that the PRI service is relatively generic and id utilizing Direct Inward Dial, here a some things to take a look at.

1)Is the switch type entered and correct?

2)Is the number of “B” channels entered the same as the number of lines?

3)Is there any number entered in the TestTelNum Field? If so delete it.

4)Are they using Direct Inward Dialing? If so, make sure Incoming Routing is set to By Dial Plan.

5)Look at entry ‘0’ in the Call-by-call Service Table. Are the Patterns 0-9 entered?

6)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’, for the call by call service table, set to no service?

7)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’ , for Dial Plan Routing Table, set to “Any Service”?

Needs info. What slot is your PRI in, Does all "B" channels in, Does all Lines in the Pool 70. In Services go to CBC set up and make sure every entry has corresponding number in: 0=0, 1=1, 2=2 and so on. How many digits you expect, does DID matches you ext. numbering plan? Can Verizon see your "D" channel and "B" channels? If yes you are sinking with verizon if not wrong Protokol. Go into Maintanence and see ststus of your T. What is the ststus R, G, Y? Then go to Alarms and Drop all Permanent alarms.

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
ttech, here's what I have. I used the PRI cheater that Tim sent me.

1)Is the switch type entered and correct?
5ESS is carrier's switch type.

2)Is the number of “B” channels entered the same as the number of lines?
I have 23 "B' channels. Not sure what you mean when you say number of lines.

3)Is there any number entered in the TestTelNum Field? If so delete it.
I didn't enter a number in TestTelNum Field. I will check that tomorrow.

4)Are they using Direct Inward Dialing? If so, make sure Incoming Routing is set to By Dial Plan.

Yes they are using Direct Inward Dialing
Programmed as Routing By Dial Plan

5)Look at entry ‘0’ in the Call-by-call Service Table. Are the Patterns 0-9 entered?
Call by Call service is:
Entry 0 Pattern 0 Entry 6 Pattern 6
Entry 1 Pattern 1 Entry 7 Pattern 7
Entry 2 Pattern 2 Entry 8 Pattern 8
Entry 3 Pattern 3 Entry 9 Pattern 9
Entry 4 Pattern 4
Entry 5 Pattern 5

6)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’, for the call by call service table, set to no service?
Yes. F4 Misc F2 No Service

7)Is the NtwkSer under Entry ‘0’ , for Dial Plan Routing Table, set to “Any Service”?

Dial Plan Network Service:
F7= DialPlanRtg
F1= Service (Entry no. 0)
F4- Misc
F2= Any Service

Larry

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Vad60
PRI is in slot 05 (replaced DID module that previously resided there)

Didn't quite understand your question "Does all "B" channels in, Does all Lines in the Pool 70", but I put all of my "B" channels from 0501-0523 (809-831) in 70 pool if that's what you mean. I feel that somewhere in here is where I screwed up. CBC service is entry 0=0, 1=1 through 9=9.

Expect 3 digits and carrier is sending 3 digits.
I will check with Verizon to see if they can see both "B" and "D" channels. I do recall them saying that they can see the "B" but I'll check.
Thanks Vad, I'll check and clear alarms.

Larry

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
pdwoosley
No red lights on 100D. What would I be looking for in ARS tables?

Larry

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
If you have no red lights on the T-1, then chances are you or the provider have the wrong switch type and protocol. I have seen it too many times where they set up the switch as a 5ESS and set the protocol to national. It needs to be ATT Custom. Have them check it.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,559 Shoretel
189,432 CTX100 install
187,598 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (BrianS, newtecky), 134 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024