atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AdvanceEC Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 10:59 AM
I recently installed a Partner R7 system in my home with the voice messaging pc card (small). Not for any real reason other than I could and wanted voice messaging and the ability to forward calls to my cell phone. That all doesn't matter though. I set the system up originally using the PC administration software for 4 18D phones and 2 standard sets. I setup the voice mail originally for the default 4 boxes and it worked fine. This was for about a week, in that time I figured exactly how I wanted to program the system and part of that plan was to reconfigure the messaging to 2 boxes. This was easy enough, once It was done re-setting I was able to log in and record the greeting. Now about half an hour or so later i tried logging in again and all i received was a busy signal (777) I waited and this is all I get. I tried calling into x78 and 79 but they both tone busy. I tried a system re-set and that didn't work, then i figured maybe those ports were busy for some reason unknown to me so i programed buttons on x10 so i could see the status of 78 and 79. They were not "busy". I then powered the system down, removed the card, and powered it back up, I figured no card no way to be busy? well I get the same busy signal on 777 and both ports. Now i don't know if i have a problem with the system itself or the pc card. Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 12:53 PM
Sounds like the R.7 control unit isn't recognizing the PC card.
Are x78 and x79 still assigned in 505?
Posted By: AdvanceEC Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 03:50 PM
Yes 505 hunt group 7 still has x78 and x79 assigned. It is normal for the system to tone these extensions busy when there is no card installed as well correct?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 03:55 PM
Yeah, if you don't have the PC card mail installed in the control unit you will get a busy when trying to dial the VM or the VM ports.

Have you contacted the people you bought this equip. from about warranty?
Posted By: AdvanceEC Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 04:04 PM
I will be contacting them tomorrow morning, I just wanted to be sure it was the PC card and not the control unit. I appreciate your help.
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 04:10 PM
Well actually it could be ether one. The control unit or the PC card.
That's where the people you bought it from can send a tech out to troubleshoot what the exact problem is.
Posted By: AdvanceEC Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/22/08 05:42 PM
Well, I know who I will be calling tomorrow. Thank you for your help. At least I know that its nothing that I did, or failed to do. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/23/08 12:47 PM
If you do a default reset on the PC mail more then likely it will come up and work agian.
Posted By: AdvanceEC Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/23/08 05:51 PM
Thanks Russ. Is that part of #728 ? If not can you PM me on the procedure? I have all the passwords that I set for the system.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/23/08 07:03 PM
Actually, you can't default it if you can't log into it!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/23/08 07:31 PM
Did you try putting the card in the other slot for giggles?

TTT is correct we have to be able to access it to default it,, my bad I didn't think that one through.
Posted By: AdvanceEC Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 06/23/08 07:49 PM
yes I did, and and once again busy on 777 x78 and x79
Posted By: AdvanceEC Re: Partner voice messaging busy - 07/02/08 10:54 AM
Well the vendor I purchased it from finally had a chance to check it out. It was a defective voice messaging card, and it was covered under warranty. Thank you for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help