atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 1864 ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 07:28 AM
Is it possible to upgrade an ACS more than once?
Say a Release X.X to a R.5 and then to a R.6?
Posted By: SUPERTECH2000 Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 08:20 AM
Yes, an ACS will even take a downgrade, it doesn't know what version upgrade card you put in, it just runs the upgrade when it sees a upgrade card in the PCMCIA slot on a power up.
Posted By: 1864 Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 08:30 AM
Thanks, ST2000. Ever run into a Processor that would'nt read an upgrade card?
Posted By: dexman Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 08:35 AM
I believe that upgrade cards are good for only 1 application. Also, the Partner ACS R1 processor could not be upgraded. That feature started with the R1.1
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 09:03 AM
Actually the R1 can be upgraded but it's not recommended by Avaya.

It is correct that the upgrade, which is included with the purchase of a backup/restore/RAC card is a one shot deal upon power up with the new card inserted. After that the card is only a backup/restore/RAC even if inserted in another ACS.

Readers should keep this in mind when purchasing the cards from unknown sources such as Ebay and the internet. Unscroupulous or ignorant individuals often sell these used cards as upgrades. Also remember that there have been several versions reflecting the ACS releases over the years and several even for the current R6. Only way to be sure of getting the latest is to deal with an Avaya dealer.

-Hal
Posted By: 1864 Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 10:06 AM
Thank's. Yea I'm aware its a 1 time upgrade. I have a new card from a good source, thats why I asked if its possible to have a processor that won't read the card. It's an R.5 trying to upgrade to R.6. Card is 12g4 RAC R6 85L. Did a successful backup before attempting to upgrade.
Posted By: hbiss Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 01:08 PM
If the LED on the processor came up green as normal when you powered up with the card in the slot I would say it's a used card.

-Hal
Posted By: Spuds Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 01:22 PM
I have never seen one that would not upgrade. Like Hal said it is probably a used upgrade card. I have seen these passed off all the time as an upgrade, and it is a one shot deal. It then is only a back up restore card.

Mike
Posted By: solstars Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/30/08 02:36 PM
Definately sounds like a used Remote Addces card. P.M. sent to 1864.
Posted By: 1864 Re: ACS Upgrade - 10/31/08 07:17 AM
Thank you all very much.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help