atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MichaelV Merlin Mail centrex transfer on a Legend? - 11/13/08 07:33 PM
I have a customer that wants to go full auto/att on their Legend with a Merlin Mail 6 port system. Problem is they have three off site locations they need to transfer to(the operator currently pushes a preprogrammed button that does a flash recall and then dials the outside number), and I'm not sure this can be automated with the voicemail. I know I can program "press 1" in the a/a to go to a specific extension that is externally forwarded, but is there a way to do this using the existing centrex? Any help would be appreciated.
There is no Centrex transfer from the Auto Attendant on Merlin Mail. Centrex Forwarding of extensions wasn't added until Magix. So, you're stuck with forwarded extensions.
Kinda what I figured. Thanks.
Delved into this a bit more, the Legend Pocket Reference shows Centrex Forward was added in Release 6. So, if you're still there, it might be possible.
I can check it out today. Not sure what version software they are at. Is there a special feature code assigned for centrex forward I can try?
TTT, it's a Legend r4.2 v6.2
So, you'd need to download the translations, flash the processor to R7, convert the translations and restore them. Then you would be able to create phantom extensions that are Centrex Forwarded, and transfer from the Auto Attendant to the forwarded extensions.
Can you TTT or anyone else comment on this process of updating the processor to R7? Is it fairly straight forward and reliable? Any pitfalls? I've worked on Legends for years out of necessity, but we've never actively sold them as a company, and I've never had to do a software upgrade on one. My expertise lies with Samsung and Panasonic systems.
Posted By: dexman Re: Merlin Mail centrex transfer on a Legend? - 11/20/08 04:51 PM
There are lots of R7 Legend processors on the market. A processor replacement might be the easiest way to go. You will still need to download, convert and upload the translation files.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help