atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bopper Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 09:03 AM
On a Partner ACS I used the analog pairs of extension 50 to go to a multi zone paging unit. The customer said that when ext 50 is hooked up to the paging unit, the phones programmed to ring when night service is activated do not ring. If he disconnects ext 50 the phones ring.

Any idea what is stopping the phones programmed to ring when night service is activated?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 10:20 AM
Is Ext. 50 in the Night Service Group (#504)?
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 10:30 AM
What is the "multi zone paging unit" and who makes it? If you intercom x50 does the paging unit pick up and operate as it's supposed to?

Sounds to me like the REN has been exceeded when the "multi zone paging unit" is connected.

-Hal
Posted By: Bopper Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 11:10 AM
Hal,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the paging unit works just fine. Icom ext 50, unit answers and then dial the zone number. REN is something to think about since the customer added a lot of phones and may have added some of them to the night service but still doesn't explain why the phones ring at night with ext 50 disconnected and don't when it is.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 11:39 AM
Extension 50 is answering, because it is set to answer. You are setting up night ringing, the problem is that the paging is picking up the night ringing, but cant do anything with it, because the caller is not pressing the "zone"

You need to get a night ringer on extension 50 and interface that to your paging....
Posted By: Bopper Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 11:57 AM
Thanks for the reply mongo.

How can ext 50 be answering at night if it isn't programmed as a night answer ext?
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 12:09 PM
I apologize, i thought (before i wrote the last reply) that 50 was programmed in the night group. Which would explain it. So now as TTT asked, is extension 50 set up in the Night service ringing group?
Posted By: Bopper Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 12:41 PM
TTT,

I didn't see your reply until now.That's something I need to have the customer check.
Thanks.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 01:07 PM
Good point. x50 shouldn't be in the night ringing group, betcha it is. Matter of fact it shouldn't ring on anything but intercom calls. I would remove all lines from x50 so it won't get any outside ringing but it still would be possible to transfer calls to it by mistake.

Better yet I would see if it's possible, depending on the zone controller,
to connect it to the page port on the ACS. That will solve all your problems.

-Hal
Posted By: Bopper Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hbiss:
Better yet I would see if it's possible, depending on the zone controller,
to connect it to the page port on the ACS. That will solve all your problems.
-Hal
Ah there's the problem. This new paging unit is for a new section in their building which they made for their offices. It uses 8 Ohm speakers. In the old section of the building they have a Bogen 70 Watt amp hooked up to the paging port of the ACS that covers the production areas. If I was involved in the survey I would have made sure that the new paging unit could be used with the old speakers, and like you said "That will solve all your problems", but I didn't do the site survey.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS night ringing - 07/08/09 02:30 PM
Ahh, so this is just another story about a trunk slammer or DIYer or a sparkie doing an incompetant job for someone who is either too cheep or is just plain stupid. Now you have been asked to make it work. :bang:

Do like I said above, collect your money and tell them to have a nice day as you walk out the door.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help