Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#94577 07/08/09 05:03 AM
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
On a Partner ACS I used the analog pairs of extension 50 to go to a multi zone paging unit. The customer said that when ext 50 is hooked up to the paging unit, the phones programmed to ring when night service is activated do not ring. If he disconnects ext 50 the phones ring.

Any idea what is stopping the phones programmed to ring when night service is activated?

Thanks in advance.

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Is Ext. 50 in the Night Service Group (#504)?

What is the "multi zone paging unit" and who makes it? If you intercom x50 does the paging unit pick up and operate as it's supposed to?

Sounds to me like the REN has been exceeded when the "multi zone paging unit" is connected.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Hal,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the paging unit works just fine. Icom ext 50, unit answers and then dial the zone number. REN is something to think about since the customer added a lot of phones and may have added some of them to the night service but still doesn't explain why the phones ring at night with ext 50 disconnected and don't when it is.

Tele-Net Technologies
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Extension 50 is answering, because it is set to answer. You are setting up night ringing, the problem is that the paging is picking up the night ringing, but cant do anything with it, because the caller is not pressing the "zone"

You need to get a night ringer on extension 50 and interface that to your paging....

Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply mongo.

How can ext 50 be answering at night if it isn't programmed as a night answer ext?

Tele-Net Technologies
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I apologize, i thought (before i wrote the last reply) that 50 was programmed in the night group. Which would explain it. So now as TTT asked, is extension 50 set up in the Night service ringing group?

Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
TTT,

I didn't see your reply until now.That's something I need to have the customer check.
Thanks.

Tele-Net Technologies
Good point. x50 shouldn't be in the night ringing group, betcha it is. Matter of fact it shouldn't ring on anything but intercom calls. I would remove all lines from x50 so it won't get any outside ringing but it still would be possible to transfer calls to it by mistake.

Better yet I would see if it's possible, depending on the zone controller,
to connect it to the page port on the ACS. That will solve all your problems.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Bopper Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by hbiss:
Better yet I would see if it's possible, depending on the zone controller,
to connect it to the page port on the ACS. That will solve all your problems.
-Hal
Ah there's the problem. This new paging unit is for a new section in their building which they made for their offices. It uses 8 Ohm speakers. In the old section of the building they have a Bogen 70 Watt amp hooked up to the paging port of the ACS that covers the production areas. If I was involved in the survey I would have made sure that the new paging unit could be used with the old speakers, and like you said "That will solve all your problems", but I didn't do the site survey.

Tele-Net Technologies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,330 Shoretel
188,997 CTX100 install
187,389 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024