atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Regina Karopchinsky Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 - 05/23/11 05:24 AM
I have a new customer with an Avaya ACS rel 7, in a 5 slot carrier (slot 1 3x8, slot 2 3x8 slot 3 rel 7 processor, slot 4 3x8) They also have a Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 (this unit is like a small PC, it has 2 2 port cards - only one being used. It has a DB9 connector. The unit use to go into night mode automatically at 5 pm it also used to dial an oncall cell phone number when someone dial a nine. This all stopped working a few months ago, they can not get in touch with the person who installed it, so they call us. I cannot get in admin programming through the phone, they say pasword and all is supposedly default? (won't let me in) Is there a software to get into the unit via a laptop?? also I can't seem to find a manual on this beast, I've got one for the patner mail that goes into a slot in the 5 slot carrier.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 - 05/23/11 05:30 AM
Thats a very old unit your talking about,
Can they call into VM. If so someone from here can help you withn the password.
If VM does not answer, it may be a hard drive problem and time to replace it with Partner Messaging. (that goes in the 5th slot.)
Posted By: hbiss Re: Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 - 05/23/11 09:57 AM
Is there a software to get into the unit via a laptop??

That won't help you get past the password. Also keep in mind that if the hard drive was replaced (which is likely due to the age) there may be no way to get into the unit without the password originally set.

-Hal
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 - 05/23/11 04:20 PM
Regina,
I can help you reset the password but, as others as stated you wouldn't be doing the customer any favors by patching up the ole Partner Mail.
I would see if they would be interested in replacing it with a Partner Messaging.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 - 05/23/11 09:25 PM
I second what Mike says. Even if you go refurbished on the Partner Messaging, they time saved trying to repair the old mail will make up some of the difference for sure.
Posted By: Regina Karopchinsky Re: Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 - 05/24/11 04:14 AM
I want to thank you all for your responses, I will be going out to the customer hopefully tommorrow, I'll keep you all informed
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help