web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#99591 05/23/11 01:24 AM
OP Offline
I have a new customer with an Avaya ACS rel 7, in a 5 slot carrier (slot 1 3x8, slot 2 3x8 slot 3 rel 7 processor, slot 4 3x8) They also have a Lucent Partner Mail Rel 3 (this unit is like a small PC, it has 2 2 port cards - only one being used. It has a DB9 connector. The unit use to go into night mode automatically at 5 pm it also used to dial an oncall cell phone number when someone dial a nine. This all stopped working a few months ago, they can not get in touch with the person who installed it, so they call us. I cannot get in admin programming through the phone, they say pasword and all is supposedly default? (won't let me in) Is there a software to get into the unit via a laptop?? also I can't seem to find a manual on this beast, I've got one for the patner mail that goes into a slot in the 5 slot carrier.

Regina Karopchinsky
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Thats a very old unit your talking about,
Can they call into VM. If so someone from here can help you withn the password.
If VM does not answer, it may be a hard drive problem and time to replace it with Partner Messaging. (that goes in the 5th slot.)

Is there a software to get into the unit via a laptop??

That won't help you get past the password. Also keep in mind that if the hard drive was replaced (which is likely due to the age) there may be no way to get into the unit without the password originally set.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Regina,
I can help you reset the password but, as others as stated you wouldn't be doing the customer any favors by patching up the ole Partner Mail.
I would see if they would be interested in replacing it with a Partner Messaging.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I second what Mike says. Even if you go refurbished on the Partner Messaging, they time saved trying to repair the old mail will make up some of the difference for sure.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
I want to thank you all for your responses, I will be going out to the customer hopefully tommorrow, I'll keep you all informed

Regina Karopchinsky

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 115 guests, and 232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024