atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Christofff Merlend Legend Question - 09/20/11 11:25 AM
I need help!!!!

For some reason I cannot seperate a line from a group. When I delete the line from the phone, all the other lines get deleted as well.

Please advise.

Thanks
Posted By: Z-man Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/20/11 01:02 PM
How are you trying to delete the line? under extensions, lines & trunks? If they all go away, then it means they are all part of the same pool. You seperate lines from a pool under the pool assignments.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/21/11 04:16 AM
Don't click on it from SPM or press the button from the console just type it manualy.
Posted By: Christofff Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/22/11 06:42 AM
how do i ID the pool? The normal pool numbers have been changed. I do not have SPM. I believe I have to remove it from the pool.

Also typing it manually????

I think I just need to ID the pool. I am not sure how to do that. Please advise.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/22/11 06:51 AM
Since you have a pool button on the phone, at the phone press SPKR and dial #00. Then press the pool button, you will see in the display the pool number programmed to the button. (SPKR again to exit). Then go to Lines and Trunks, Pools, the pool number you figured out from above, and the Entry Mode. Here you can press Inspect to see the line numbers assigned to the pool, back up and you can dial the line numbers and delete or add them to the pool.
Posted By: Christofff Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/22/11 06:56 AM
dont have a pool button at any phone.
Posted By: Christofff Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/22/11 09:00 AM
Is anyone out here to help me id a poll?
Posted By: Christofff Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/22/11 01:38 PM
My issue simply is the pool numbers have been changed from 8XX to something else. I am trying to associate which pool the lines belong to. Can this be done without SPM?
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/22/11 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Christofff:
My issue simply is the pool numbers have been changed from 8XX to something else. I am trying to associate which pool the lines belong to. Can this be done without SPM?
You can program the system via the console, but if you are looking to find out what programing has been done on a per set basis,..... you best bet is to do a system print through WinSPM.

Good Luck.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/23/11 11:02 PM
Go to System Renumbering, Default Numbering, Pools and take a look what numbers are there. Default is 70, 890-899 but if you see any other numbers there is your Pool somebody change to.
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Merlend Legend Question - 09/24/11 10:08 PM
It sounds like the PBX is in "Key Mode" rather than "Hybrid/PBX Mode". Key Mode duplicates what used to be called a "squared system" where every line appears on every phone. Take that one line away and it goes away everywhere.

I've never understood why Avaya implemented Key Mode as Hybrid/PBX can PERFECTLY emulate Key Mode without the kind of hassle you're talking about.

If you've got a console, touch the hard "Menu" key (upper lefthand side), then use the softkeys to drill down to SysProg, Start. I don't think there are any other keys you need to press before you get to a screen that tells you who the Operator is and what "mode" you're in.

Just verify that you're in Key Mode, please. We can fix it from there.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help