atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jackdaddy Merlin Magix Night Service Problem - 01/13/12 08:39 AM
Ok, I have a Merlin Magix in Key mode that is not switching to night service or switching back to day service per the customer. This is a 7 year old system that just started having this problem. I have not been onsite to verify but this is the description I get from the customer. The operator presses the night button at the end of the day, enters her password and the night button lights up, however the night message wont play unless they unplug the operator's phone. Then the same thing happens in the morning when changing back to day service. When she presses the night button the light goes out but the message doesn't change unless they unplug the phone. I installed a 412 card recently and upgraded from a 4 port license to an 8 port on the Merlin Messaging. Did I do something wrong, or is the messaging starting to die? I almost don't believe the customer but wanted to check with somebody on here to see if you have heard of this before
Posted By: upstateny Re: Merlin Magix Night Service Problem - 01/13/12 08:55 AM
Is the time correct??

If i remember correctly the night button impacts call handling but the AA message is based on time of day.
Did you remember to "Rotary Enable" the 4 new voice mail port extensions?
Posted By: WireSysPlus Re: Merlin Magix Night Service Problem - 01/13/12 08:02 PM
Did you remember to add 4 new ports to the vm calling group?
Also, if I recall, the AA can be set to one of three ways: follow switch mode, follow "weekly business schedule" or follow both. Maybe it's set to follow the schedule and ignoring the night button (switch mode).
Posted By: jackdaddy Re: Merlin Magix Night Service Problem - 01/20/12 07:18 AM
Thanks for your suggestions but everything is correct. The schedule controller is using the switch mode only, and the time&date is correct. I did assign all the new voicemail ports to the calling group and rotary enabled them as well. Any ideas?
Posted By: merlinman Re: Merlin Magix Night Service Problem - 01/21/12 06:48 PM
Is it better now?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help