web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Ok, I have a Merlin Magix in Key mode that is not switching to night service or switching back to day service per the customer. This is a 7 year old system that just started having this problem. I have not been onsite to verify but this is the description I get from the customer. The operator presses the night button at the end of the day, enters her password and the night button lights up, however the night message wont play unless they unplug the operator's phone. Then the same thing happens in the morning when changing back to day service. When she presses the night button the light goes out but the message doesn't change unless they unplug the phone. I installed a 412 card recently and upgraded from a 4 port license to an 8 port on the Merlin Messaging. Did I do something wrong, or is the messaging starting to die? I almost don't believe the customer but wanted to check with somebody on here to see if you have heard of this before

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Is the time correct??

If i remember correctly the night button impacts call handling but the AA message is based on time of day.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Did you remember to "Rotary Enable" the 4 new voice mail port extensions?

Did you remember to add 4 new ports to the vm calling group?
Also, if I recall, the AA can be set to one of three ways: follow switch mode, follow "weekly business schedule" or follow both. Maybe it's set to follow the schedule and ignoring the night button (switch mode).

Andy Ellis
OP Offline
Thanks for your suggestions but everything is correct. The schedule controller is using the switch mode only, and the time&date is correct. I did assign all the new voicemail ports to the calling group and rotary enabled them as well. Any ideas?

RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Is it better now?

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,541 CTX100 install
187,787 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (ffej010, nortelvoip, justbill), 145 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024