atcomsystems.ca/forum
OK, I am in over my head already. So this is the situation. There is a hospital and a suite of doctors offices next door. In the doc's office when in NS mode the incoming calls are forwarded to extension 104 from an AA option "if you need to speak with a doctor immediately press 2." At 104 the user does an RCF to a cell phone number each night before leaving so the hospital can directly call an on call doctor as needed after hours. This works fine for any inbound caller except for the next door hospital. They own an entire exchange. When they call in after hours the RCF does not work but just not for them on that exchange. All they hear is a phone ring. If they choose to call on a cell phone, the RCF works - different exchange. Where would one begin to troubleshoot this? Naturally the CLEC dissavows any responsibility. I was onsite but could not test because we could not get a staff member to help at the hospital side. I am pretty sure the hospital is all AT&T and the doc's office is on the older MPower service. Is there something I can do to isolat the source?
Hospital ARS/LCR may be programmed incorrectly.
If telephone numbers were ported between providers, is there a chance that some numbers were not fully ported :confused:
I told them to give up. They are signing up for XO and when that is in place I will have DIDs to work with. I will be able to assign a DID to a permanent CF like a hot line. If that doesn't work we're screwed. It is a bizarre problem. I know I would need to get AT&T in to watch the whole call prgress but they charge a lot for that. The calling party, the hospital, dials the main line. So I can't see how it is a porting issue.
I had the same problem once. It was a router which did missed some settings on Conferance or CF from chanell to chanel. Same thing. Can RCF to any number but the same Exchange.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help