atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Rockape IPO and Norstar phones - 02/09/12 01:13 PM
Working on my first IPO with Norstar phones and I have a question. First off, I have an IPO 500 V2, 8.0.16 Essential Edition and will be re-using the customers T-series phones.
I've noticed some of the old feature codes from the BCM have made it to the IPO but I am fit to be tied trying to transfer a caller into a mailbox. It's probably simple and I'm just not seeing it.
So if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Posted By: DigitelD Re: IPO and Norstar phones - 02/10/12 05:40 AM
Create a shortcode #XXX, voicmail collect, #N. To transfer to VM you can press Transfer then #XXX, with XXX being the extension number.
Posted By: Spuds Re: IPO and Norstar phones - 02/10/12 07:26 AM
+ 1 Works like a charm. I don't know if the T-series phones have amessage button on them. The avaya 1400 series do and you can use it to transfer into VM.

Mike
Posted By: Rockape Re: IPO and Norstar phones - 02/10/12 07:30 AM
Thanks DD, got it figured out...something so simple.

Spuds, the T-series phones do not have a Message soft key on them, Lord knows that would make like too easy.
Posted By: Z-man Re: IPO and Norstar phones - 02/15/12 07:28 AM
they don't have NAV buttons either, which makes things a bit tougher as well. However, I am bidding two right now that have about 25 phones on MICS systems, so the cost savings up front is pretty large.
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: IPO and Norstar phones - 02/22/12 06:25 AM
Just make sure they have the *DCP shortcode for each user, or they won't hold their buttons. They will go back to the default from the user guide. And make sure you use the user guide for the right button lay out T7316 is different than the T7316e because of hands free. We spent too many hours banging our heads against the wall on those 2 things. Touch tone Tommy help me come up with a solution for parking calls as well, cause it doesn't work like the Nortel by default. Let me know if you need help with that.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help