atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: maine phone man avaya systems - 12/23/13 03:49 PM
Hi Does any of these Acs systems and Avaya auto attendants have the option to re ring line ports instead of transferring to exts or groups got a system that says press 3 for sales and 4 for parts parts guy doesn't answer the transfer ring on intercom wants the line key ring because that way he knows outside call vs intercom call from other exts and auto-attendant is same ring or do I need a call director to answer lines press 1 for sales 2 for parts
Posted By: dexman Re: avaya systems - 12/23/13 04:03 PM
Clarification...A call comes in...The auto attendant transfers the call to an extension...Nobody picks up the call...The customer wants to send the call back out and ring in on the next available POTS line eh
Posted By: skip555 Re: avaya systems - 12/23/13 05:07 PM
alternate clarification , parts guy wants transferred AA calls to ring a line key because he doesn't want to take calls from internal extensions

solution give him a direct line or send his AA calls to a phantom extension with a external ringer or replace him with a parts guy that will take internal calls
Posted By: maine phone man Re: avaya systems - 12/23/13 08:17 PM
That's right skip.3 parts guys. 20yr on commision. There programmed to the incoming ring of the partner phone. Now I throw an AA at them to separate sales/parts and calls now ring intercom beep beep 'so it's like I ruined there lives
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: avaya systems - 12/23/13 09:22 PM
Shame on you........ LOL

They will get use to it or check there vm more often.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: avaya systems - 12/24/13 04:17 AM
Change the line ring tone to option 8.

Internal calls still sound the "normal" way.

Transferred calls have one cycle of "normal" ring with a single beep on the end, then continue with ring tone 8 and a double beep.

The initial incoming call has ring tone number 8 without any beeps at all.

AND, if he doesn't want to answer the phone, maybe he doesn't want a paycheck either!
Posted By: maine phone man Re: avaya systems - 12/24/13 03:12 PM
Tommy I had the AA answer press 3 for parts dial action is group 71 rings 3 parts phones all at once with the intercom beep beep are you saying change line rings to option 8 will change the sound on transfer calls vs vs someone inside calling those internal exts
Posted By: hbiss Re: avaya systems - 12/24/13 05:45 PM
Do they need a Partner ringtone on their cell phones else they won't know there is a call? crazy

-Hal
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: avaya systems - 12/24/13 09:02 PM
Daniel-

Yes - anytime the LINE rings, it will have ring tone number 8

So the original incoming call has ring tone number 8, no beeps at all (and I assume these phones are set to No Ring, so they don't hear the initial incoming call, but that really doesn't matter)

Internal Intercom Calls will be ring tone number 1 plus a single beep.

Transfered Calls from the Automated Attendant will be one ring of ring tone 1 and a double beep, and then they will change to ring tone 8 and a double beep.

So, if the phones don't ring on the initial call, they will be able to hear the difference between intercom and blind transferred calls by the ring tone and not just the beeps.
Posted By: maine phone man Re: avaya systems - 12/26/13 01:38 PM
Yes Tommy correct set up AA to answer all lines no other phones ring press 4 for cash for clunkers goes to ext 24 press 3 for parts rings group 71 ext 10,14,15 on intercom key problem was these guys couldn't differentiate the ring and saw intercom flashing so assumed the call is internal, unanswered went to mb 10

I will give your idea a try change ring tone to 8 and see if this will satisfy this customer thanks
Posted By: maine phone man Re: avaya systems - 12/27/13 02:08 AM
changed lines to ring tone 8 AA answers line chose option 3 still rings ring group 71 same tone as before new ring option 8 didn't work
Posted By: skip555 Re: avaya systems - 12/27/13 12:38 PM
put a external ringer on a unused station port , send parts calls there and give the parts guys a pickup key for that extension
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help