Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#563296 12/23/13 11:49 AM
OP Offline
Hi Does any of these Acs systems and Avaya auto attendants have the option to re ring line ports instead of transferring to exts or groups got a system that says press 3 for sales and 4 for parts parts guy doesn't answer the transfer ring on intercom wants the line key ring because that way he knows outside call vs intercom call from other exts and auto-attendant is same ring or do I need a call director to answer lines press 1 for sales 2 for parts

Danny
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Clarification...A call comes in...The auto attendant transfers the call to an extension...Nobody picks up the call...The customer wants to send the call back out and ring in on the next available POTS line eh

I Love FEATURE 00
dexman #563302 12/23/13 01:07 PM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
alternate clarification , parts guy wants transferred AA calls to ring a line key because he doesn't want to take calls from internal extensions

solution give him a direct line or send his AA calls to a phantom extension with a external ringer or replace him with a parts guy that will take internal calls

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
That's right skip.3 parts guys. 20yr on commision. There programmed to the incoming ring of the partner phone. Now I throw an AA at them to separate sales/parts and calls now ring intercom beep beep 'so it's like I ruined there lives

Danny
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Shame on you........ LOL

They will get use to it or check there vm more often.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Change the line ring tone to option 8.

Internal calls still sound the "normal" way.

Transferred calls have one cycle of "normal" ring with a single beep on the end, then continue with ring tone 8 and a double beep.

The initial incoming call has ring tone number 8 without any beeps at all.

AND, if he doesn't want to answer the phone, maybe he doesn't want a paycheck either!

OP Offline
Tommy I had the AA answer press 3 for parts dial action is group 71 rings 3 parts phones all at once with the intercom beep beep are you saying change line rings to option 8 will change the sound on transfer calls vs vs someone inside calling those internal exts

Danny
Do they need a Partner ringtone on their cell phones else they won't know there is a call? crazy

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Daniel-

Yes - anytime the LINE rings, it will have ring tone number 8

So the original incoming call has ring tone number 8, no beeps at all (and I assume these phones are set to No Ring, so they don't hear the initial incoming call, but that really doesn't matter)

Internal Intercom Calls will be ring tone number 1 plus a single beep.

Transfered Calls from the Automated Attendant will be one ring of ring tone 1 and a double beep, and then they will change to ring tone 8 and a double beep.

So, if the phones don't ring on the initial call, they will be able to hear the difference between intercom and blind transferred calls by the ring tone and not just the beeps.

OP Offline
Yes Tommy correct set up AA to answer all lines no other phones ring press 4 for cash for clunkers goes to ext 24 press 3 for parts rings group 71 ext 10,14,15 on intercom key problem was these guys couldn't differentiate the ring and saw intercom flashing so assumed the call is internal, unanswered went to mb 10

I will give your idea a try change ring tone to 8 and see if this will satisfy this customer thanks

Danny
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,358 Shoretel
189,028 CTX100 install
187,401 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 410 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024