atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sentrex1 upgrading ipo - 04/10/14 09:15 PM
Hey guy's
I have to upgrade an ip office from 8.1 to 9.1,I have the license file for it.
Now do I just install the license and its done or they are other major steps to do it.
I am doing this for a big Avaya vendor which I can get support no problem, but I would like to try it myself cause its the best way to learn and would make me look good with them since I get alot of work from them,
any advice would be awesome
ccheers Alain
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: upgrading ipo - 04/10/14 11:14 PM
You will copy and paste the upgrade license into the existing configuration, confirm that it is valid, then use you Manager running 9.0.2.0(860) to Upgrade the system.
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: upgrading ipo - 04/12/14 10:03 PM
well what a shit session i had,the company that i sub for,they sent me an already used licence so when i upgraded to 9.1 all the sets came up as unlicenced,now their tech told me that i had to reinstall 8.1 manager and log in system and upgrade it back to
8.1 so do i just delete the 9.1 then choose the upgrade option and will that bring it to what it was??
btw i'm kinda freakin out lol
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: upgrading ipo - 04/13/14 02:45 AM
Uninstall your 9.0 Manager, reinstall your 8.1 manager, use the Advanced|Upgrade procedure to downgrade back to 8.1
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: upgrading ipo - 04/14/14 12:57 PM
i did that but now i cn't access ipo cause its stil at 9.0
????????????
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: upgrading ipo - 04/14/14 06:18 PM
Using the Upgrade Wizard does not allow you to connect? It should show you what the system is set at (9.0) and what is available (8.1)

Otherwise, copy the bin files and text files from your Manager folder to another folder, reinstall 9.0, and change the working directory to the new folder with the 8.1 bins.

Sounds like this national is not giving you the support that you need.
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: upgrading ipo - 04/14/14 09:55 PM
i guess the 8.1 version from avaya has corruption they finally logged in my pc and managed to downgrade but it took them 6 hours
i don't get these national companies that are supposed to be avaya certified and it seems like there is only a few tech's that actually, finally the client is back to square one and please next time they send me send me the proper license
thanks for your help Tommy
i owe you one
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help