atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel partner noise on ringing - 02/26/19 12:43 AM
cy customer has a partner with 2 206 cards and a partner+ 4.1 processor. when they are on a call and a second call comes in both parties on existing call can hear a ring/buzz sound for the duration of each ring until someone answers the other call. it only happens on the phones on the first 206 card. i replaced that card and it still does the same thing. im thinking the processor. any ideas. thanks. dave
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/26/19 12:59 AM
Seen this before, time for a new processor.
Posted By: davetel Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/26/19 01:20 AM
thats all i could think of. thanks for confirmation
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/26/19 04:00 AM
That Partner Plus is an antique though a testament to the Partner system. Give them an ACS and a 308EC and they will be good for another 20 years.

-Hal
Posted By: davetel Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/26/19 09:00 PM
im trying to persuade them
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/27/19 05:23 PM
So let the cheap SOBs live with the noise. You could leave a 206 but you are still going to have to replace the processor. How much more is an ACS R6 going to be? The R8 may even be cheaper.

-Hal
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/27/19 09:36 PM
As per Amazon...

R6
R8

As per eBay...

R6
R8

Haven't checked Craigslist.
Posted By: hbiss Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/27/19 11:03 PM
Maybe it's because I'm such a nice guy, but my supplier quoted me Partner Messaging R7s for less than the old Partner Mail VS R5. So I just assumed the processors would follow.

No matter though, you should have quoted your customer for at least the ACS R6 if this system is actually being used. That's the responsible thing to do. IMO the Partner II and Plus versions as well as the earlier ACS are just for collectors. You should never have had any conversation about what version is there and it's cost. All you need to say is "you want it fixed, here's my price". Anything more opens the door for nickle and dime-ing.

-Hal
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/27/19 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by hbiss
You should never have had any conversation about what version is there and it's cost. All you need to say is "you want it fixed, here's my price". Anything more opens the door for nickle and dime-ing. -Hal
agree
Posted By: sundance Re: partner noise on ringing - 02/27/19 11:16 PM
agree
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help