atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jpet621 Lost licenses - 04/04/19 07:26 PM
I have a new customer with an Avaya IP office 500 and the IT person for some reason thought he was rebooting the system but actually reset to factory. Now there aren’t any licenses in the system. Any suggestions where to turn? There are no backups on site
The SD number is 1374737062
Any advice is appreciated
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Lost licenses - 04/04/19 11:45 PM
Depends on where they purchased the equipment and licenses. was it from a AVAYA BP or online.

They may need to get it reprogrammed and new licenses . IT guy really screwed up.
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Lost licenses - 04/05/19 02:17 AM
The ADI licensing system has been discontinued, so it is unlikely you will be able to retrieve the licenses through Avaya without upgrading to R11. Check the computer used for managing the IP Office, and there should be configuration files with .bak file type. These will open as offline configurations in Manager, you will be able to copy and paste or export the licenses to paste into or import into the live system.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Lost licenses - 04/05/19 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
Check the computer used for managing the IP Office, and there should be configuration files with .bak file type. These will open as offline configurations in Manager, you will be able to copy and paste or export the licenses to paste into or import into the live system.

This is the best option. Otherwise have you can email Avaya Product Ops, and they can retrieve that for you... Your distributor will have that info...
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Lost licenses - 04/13/19 12:55 AM
Good luck with that............ LOL

My advise would be to contact the company that you purchased your equip from, and they should be more than able to help you through this process.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Lost licenses - 04/14/19 05:58 AM
Have you resolved this?
PM me if not
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help