atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary S. Partner ACS - 12/16/19 08:36 PM
Customer called about one ext would send out a odd sound, buzz, humm. Plugged phone back in could not duplicate trouble but saw the
clock was 2 hrs slower then the correct time and the other ext. I just set up a new ext, have not heard back for two weeks, any thoughts ???
Thanks Gary S.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS - 12/16/19 09:35 PM
Likely a bad phone, keep an eye on it. Sometimes the time will be off on an extension, disconnecting then re-connecting usually solves the problem.

-Hal
Posted By: Touch Tone Tommy Re: Partner ACS - 12/17/19 05:07 PM
Usually it's in the jack, one of the data pins is touching one of the Tip/Ring pins, butting a horrible data buzz onto the audio, caused by plugging in somewhat cockeyed or just a bad/worn jack. Reseating the plug probably straightened out the pins and make it fine. Another disconnect/reconnect should restore the time
Posted By: Gary S. Re: Partner ACS - 12/19/19 12:21 PM
Thanks to all.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Partner ACS - 12/19/19 06:14 PM
Good point. You might also want to check the line cord to make sure it hasn't been pinched under something. I would replace it as a matter of course.

-Hal
Posted By: Not_sirius Re: Partner ACS - 02/20/20 06:58 PM
Yeah, I created a similar problem trouble shooting a different one.

NSTIW....
In the dark equipment closet I swapped an extension. What I didn't notice is that before I pushed the patch cable back into the KSU a small bug had crawled in.

Naturally as soon as I plugged it back in the bug was squished and shorted the data to the audio pair and began to buzz on an extension "That was FINE until you touched it!"

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help