atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have several J179 Phones on my test bench that are coming up in Discover mode with an IP address. I craft into them and default them and they come up the same way. I do not have them on an IP office but when I put them on an upgraded 9.0 they still do the same.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated?
thx
Three possibilities I can think of:

1. The are in the Avaya DES system and are automatically provisioning a server IP to look for
2. They are getting a server IP from DHCP
3. They are getting a server IP from LLDP
Test bench wont help, as J100 wasnt introduced until 10.1.3 or 4, and only in H323. Check the part number and ensure that the phone is an AVAYA SIP device and not an OPEN SIP device.

Open SIP (3PP) devices will NOT work on Avaya PBX's, only cloud.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I take them completely off the system and just power them up and they still will not let me craft into them to change any settings.
thx
I don't see any 3PP anywhere on the Phone MAC Address, SN# etc.
I take them completely off the system and just power them up and they still will not let me craft into them to change any settings.
thx
The 3rd Party Call Control version looks exactly the same, but the part number is 7000513630.
Were these new phones or phones repurposed?
Thx
Phones repurposed
thx
If repurposed, is there a DHCP scope on the network, grabbing them and pointing them to something?
Make sure the system is set up for SIP, and be on current 11 or 11.1 firmware.
Look here to set up SIP on IPO. https://ipofficeassistance.com/install-sip-phones-on-ip-office/
I completely misspoke earlier. when I try and CRAFT into them, they just keep resetting or rebooting.
thx
If they are showing "Discover x.x.x.x", wouldn't that mean that they are in H.323 mode, emulating a 9608? Other J179 phones in SIP mode that won't connect to their control unit show a much different error message.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help