atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have installed a Summit 800 and hung it straight on an External Static IP. Everything works great, except when I page from the Mobile App. There is nothing that comes across the speakers. I know it is not a porting deal, because it is not going through a router. Any suggestions? Also, when someone else pages, my app lights up and says paging, but I get no audio. Should I?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit 800 Mobile Client Paging - 11/04/16 09:36 PM
I will check further but I seem to remember that all page to or from voip devices doesn't work on most systems if the devices are not connected to a LAN and are on the internet or a WAN, the latency kinda kills the page.

That being said there is another reason it might not work.

What are the extension numbers for the clients?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit 800 Mobile Client Paging - 11/04/16 10:12 PM
Okay, make sure your mobile extensions are in an internal page group. If page access is on, but the numbers are not in a group it can act the way you described.
The extension numbers for the clients are 2142, 2157, 2114 and 2138.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit 800 Mobile Client Paging - 11/07/16 09:13 PM
I would think those numbers are in an internal page zone by default, but being that they are registered as sip clients, I think you should consider double checking that. Pgm 118 is where you toggle stations into an internal zone.
I'm sorry, I must have been half asleep when I read your earlier reply. They are in the internal page group 1. (I took them out because the App would light up and say "Paging" every time someone would page, but there would be no audio.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vertical Summit 800 Mobile Client Paging - 11/09/16 09:31 PM
I suspect it is a latency problem, pages are delayed to and from the remote device so no audio. Can a remote device do a page to a single extension set for handsfree intercom?
Hmm, Have not tried that. I will next time I am at the customers site. I don't really think that them being able to page is a big deal, I just though I would try to figure it out.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help