atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Scotty Woods UCS Mobile Client - 12/13/16 07:17 PM
I have installed a Summit 80 for my customer with the UCS Mobile client. It all works good for a day or so, then stops. When I say stops, I have it programmed to ring on incoming calls, it works for a random amount of time, then stops ringing on incoming calls again. The app is on an iPhone. I have checked the settings in his phone the best I can and can't find anything wrong. Do you guys know of anything I can look for? When I go to his location, I don't really do anything to the phone and it starts working. On a similar note, he has some IST cordless phones. He is telling me that they stop ringing from time to time also. He is not sure if they both stop at the same time or not. There again, when I get there, they ring.
Posted By: Derrick Re: UCS Mobile Client - 12/14/16 02:13 AM
Sounds like a packet latency problem to me. It would be good if someone could ping the Summit when this happens and see how fast the data is moving.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: UCS Mobile Client - 02/08/17 10:19 PM
I have done some more research on this issue. I connected to his system through my UCS (Android) and it works well. His connection (iPhone) will connect for awhile, then disconnect and will not reconnect until he goes back into the app. All he has to do is open the app and it connects. I am sure it is a setting in the app, just not sure which one. I have looked and cannot find any setup instructions for the mobile client. My theory is (and this may be totally off) that his phone loses connection to the system due to loss of service or whatever, tries to reconnect, but can't, so it just gives up. I have the check connection period set for 10 minutes and the keep alive response period set for 10 minutes. On my Android the reconnection count is set for continuously, but I honestly don't remember seeing that setting on his iPhone.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: UCS Mobile Client - 02/20/17 10:41 PM
Any suggestions? My customer is getting upset with me
Posted By: oobie Re: UCS Mobile Client - 02/21/17 01:45 PM
Have you tried Vertical TS?

Posted By: Derrick Re: UCS Mobile Client - 02/21/17 09:38 PM
I know your customer won't like this, but I had a lot of issues with Apple phones and third party communication apps. Android worked much better.
Posted By: Scotty Woods Re: UCS Mobile Client - 02/22/17 07:39 PM
I agree Derrick. I can connect my Android to his system and it seems to work flawlessly. I also agree that my customer is not going to like that!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help