web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#606200 12/13/16 03:17 PM
OP Offline
I have installed a Summit 80 for my customer with the UCS Mobile client. It all works good for a day or so, then stops. When I say stops, I have it programmed to ring on incoming calls, it works for a random amount of time, then stops ringing on incoming calls again. The app is on an iPhone. I have checked the settings in his phone the best I can and can't find anything wrong. Do you guys know of anything I can look for? When I go to his location, I don't really do anything to the phone and it starts working. On a similar note, he has some IST cordless phones. He is telling me that they stop ringing from time to time also. He is not sure if they both stop at the same time or not. There again, when I get there, they ring.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Sounds like a packet latency problem to me. It would be good if someone could ping the Summit when this happens and see how fast the data is moving.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I have done some more research on this issue. I connected to his system through my UCS (Android) and it works well. His connection (iPhone) will connect for awhile, then disconnect and will not reconnect until he goes back into the app. All he has to do is open the app and it connects. I am sure it is a setting in the app, just not sure which one. I have looked and cannot find any setup instructions for the mobile client. My theory is (and this may be totally off) that his phone loses connection to the system due to loss of service or whatever, tries to reconnect, but can't, so it just gives up. I have the check connection period set for 10 minutes and the keep alive response period set for 10 minutes. On my Android the reconnection count is set for continuously, but I honestly don't remember seeing that setting on his iPhone.

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
OP Offline
Any suggestions? My customer is getting upset with me

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas
Have you tried Vertical TS?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I know your customer won't like this, but I had a lot of issues with Apple phones and third party communication apps. Android worked much better.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I agree Derrick. I can connect my Android to his system and it seems to work flawlessly. I also agree that my customer is not going to like that!!

Scotty Woods
Installation Technician
N.E.T. Systems
Blytheville, Arkansas

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (JBean3329, mongo5150, Curlycord), 101 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024