atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AIRASSAULT TWO WAY RECORD - 07/19/18 02:44 PM
I HAVE A SUMMIT 80 AND I CAN'T GET THE TWO WAY RECORD TO WORK . I HAVE CALLED TECH SUPPORT BUT EVERYTHING THEY SAID TO TRY I'VE ALREADY DONE . I CAN GET EVER CALL TO RECORD IF I SET IT THAT WAY BUT I CAN'T GET MY TWO WAY RECOED BUTTON TO WORK . ANYONE ? ANYONE ? Bueller ? Bueller ?
Posted By: Derrick Re: TWO WAY RECORD - 07/19/18 07:53 PM
Function has to be turned on for both the extension and the assigned mailbox, pgm 112 and 127
Posted By: emeraldisle Re: TWO WAY RECORD - 07/29/18 08:34 AM
in pgm 127
option 2 ..........2way record on
option 7............automatic talk recording option ..all/co
option 8............automatic talk recording destination (set to VM group e.g 440)
option 11.........vmid number ..the extension were you want the recording to go

you can program a two way record button into a flex key ...program trans/pgm 80 into a key

Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: TWO WAY RECORD - 07/29/18 03:07 PM
Remember, while many states follow the federal “one-party consent” law with regard to requirements for recording phone conversations, other states have enacted laws that are more strict in their requirements. In the U.S., there are 12 states that require the consent of both parties when a phone conversation is being recorded.

California
Connecticut
Florida
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Montana
Nevada
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
and Washington.

So if indeed your system is in Virginia you are not required by law to announce that the call is being recorded. Since the person who is answering/making calls (on your system) know that the call is being recorded, then that satisfies the "one-party consent".

Regardless of a state’s specific telephone recording laws, it is generally illegal in any state or federal jurisdiction to record a phone conversation that you are not a primary participant of, have not received consent to record from at least one of the participants, and are attempting to record a conversation that you would not normally be able to overhear.
Posted By: usbuild Re: TWO WAY RECORD - 07/29/18 07:30 PM
Illinois is no longer on this list.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: TWO WAY RECORD - 07/29/18 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by usbuild
Illinois is no longer on this list.

Thank you. I have updated my information.
When must you get permission from everyone involved before recording?

Eleven states require the consent of every party to a phone call or conversation in order to make the recording lawful. These "two-party consent" laws have been adopted in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

Notes:

(1) Illinois' two-party consent statute was held unconstitutional in 2014;
(2) Hawai'i is in general a one-party state, but requires two-party consent if the recording device is installed in a private place;
(3) Massachusetts bans "secret" recordings rather than requiring explicit consent from all parties.

Although they are referred to as "two-party consent" laws, consent must be obtained from every party to a phone call or conversation if it involves more than two people. In some of these states, it might be enough if all parties to the call or conversation know that you are recording and proceed with the communication anyway, even if they do not voice explicit consent.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help