atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: commtel comm iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/19/19 10:56 AM
Hi, I have several eMG80 systems installed with various models of phone sets, LDP-9030, LDP-7024, and LDP-9224DF. The issue is random erratic lights on the keys. I have installed choke coils on the station lines and on the KSU's power cable and I have installed a OneAc Power Conditioner, no luck. Also, I have the KSU's grounded. Out of the 20 or so systems, I find this problem on 4 of my installs. It doesn't matter what model phone set I'm using or what firmware I am running on the KSU. Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: simpsoncomm Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/19/19 09:40 PM
Sounds like possible database corruption.
Posted By: commtel comm Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/19/19 09:51 PM
Hey Simpson thanks for the reply. It's a random problem. Maybe one or two sets out of the system have this problem. I have changed out the station cables and jacks, line cord, ect.. nothing helps. Rebooting doesn't seem to help either. I'm just about ready to get out the old chicken foot and bag of TIE ashes and do some voodoo.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/19/19 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by commtel comm
Hey Simpson thanks for the reply. It's a random problem. Maybe one or two sets out of the system have this problem. I have changed out the station cables and jacks, line cord, ect.. nothing helps. Rebooting doesn't seem to help either. I'm just about ready to get out the old chicken foot and bag of TIE ashes and do some voodoo.

Since you used the word TIE...

I had the same issue with a TIE Mod-Key 16 many years ago (apparently) I replaced EVERYTHING associated with the set (EXT 01)~ KSU/Expansion Card/Wiring/Keyset/Base Cord/Jacks/X-connects and even everything associated with EXT 02. The Mod Key 16 for some reason something had a knack of having problems with one set actually affect a set not associated with it. It ended up being EXT 16 which the End User never having a complaint.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/19/19 11:47 PM
We have a ton of these out there and don't have a problem like this. The only one that came close was a phone that was over 1000' away from the KSU. I'm assuming you're using Cat 3 or above for cable?

Have you noticed if there is a certain combination of sets on each problem system?

Are you able to duplicate the problem yourself, or is this just something the customer sees?
Posted By: commtel comm Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/20/19 12:19 AM
Hey Professor. Right on about the old TIE Mod Key's. That was a few decades back. I always suspect a dirty AC circuit as the culprit. Thanks for the response.
Posted By: commtel comm Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/20/19 12:35 AM
Hi NFC, Thanks for the response. I have many other eMG80's out there that are working just great, I'm installing 2 more later on this month. It's just these few that are having the problem. I have witnessed the offenders in action. Just yesterday I watched an LDP-7024 light up with all three colors and the display read: REG. DENIED : 106, it also showed the date and time with the pickup, conf, and log soft key. I unplugged it then plugged it back in, it rebooted and worked fine for about 10 minutes then start acting up again, I can take another phone and plug it into the same jack (106) and it will start acting up after a few hours. This particular phone (106) is riding on new CAT5e cable. However, the rest of the sets are on CAT2 25 pair, but their fine, no problem. Also, all of the systems are running the same model of phone, no mix.

Do you think the cable could be the cause?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: iPECS eMG80 erratic lights - 02/20/19 10:06 PM
Cat 5e shouldn't be a problem. If you were using some old quad wire, then perhaps.

I would try disconnecting the phone from the wire and plugging it directly into the KSU. We've had a bad crimp on a modular plug cause weird things on these systems.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help