atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bobw Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/25/22 02:18 AM
Good Day,

This is my first install for Summit (100), but have older experience with other Vodavi (StarPlus, DHS, STS) and Vertical SBX.

4CO, 16 Digital Stations.

I changed stations 108-111 (SLT) to different numbers because they fall between the digital stations and would like sequential numbering without the break
108->1080
109->1090
110->1100
111->1110

I thought by assigning new numbers that I then could renumber the 112 as 108, 113 as 109, and so on to obtain 100-115 numbering for the digital phones
BUT I cannot save the changes (reverts back to 112, 113 and so on..

Can the numbers be reused and then how?

Thank You in Advance
-bob
Posted By: bobw Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/25/22 03:45 PM
In further testing I found that I could change 100-107 to 1000 -1007 and then 112-115 to 1008-1114 which gives me sequential numbering for the digital stations and left the SLTs in a higher number range

I was hoping that I could then go back and change the numbering to 3 digits again 100-107 and then 108-115 but it won't allow me to change back to 3 digits.

In oddity I noticed is the system is sensitive when using the GUI if you want to change the a flex button assigned to a station #. I found that I can't just change the value directly, say from 100 to 101
BUT have to change the button to N/A then go back and assign the flex as a station # and value.

I haven't tried this at the phone.

Any further help would be appreciated. I am going to try and get re-registered with Vertical today.

Thank You in Advance
-bob
Posted By: bobw Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/25/22 09:37 PM
Correction of the extension edit, I was wrong. The GUI is allowing me to edit via the INPUT column and saving today.
Perhaps a bug in MS Edge browser
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/26/22 02:05 AM
I find Edge is buggy in many of the telephony apps I have tried.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/26/22 04:37 AM
I had a similar situation when installing a fairly large Summit 800 system where four-digit dialing was required. After fumbling with the GUI interface (not a big fan), I chose to use a phone to make these changes. I ended up blanking out the extension numbers, and yes, it took forever, but I was afforded the ability to enter anything I wanted for extension numbers.
Posted By: bobw Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/26/22 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by EV607797
I had a similar situation when installing a fairly large Summit 800 system where four-digit dialing was required. After fumbling with the GUI interface (not a big fan), I chose to use a phone to make these changes. I ended up blanking out the extension numbers, and yes, it took forever, but I was afforded the ability to enter anything I wanted for extension numbers.

Ed, What you posted is in agreement with a friend I have who has done Vodavi/Vertical for as long as I have.

He said last night that he deletes all the stations numbers and then types them all in and saves it.

Back to Rather Be Fishing - yes I have found bugs that can be duplicated.

Some of this comes from developer vs installer/user. Although I have been in networking since 1986, voice since 1990, I have also taken on software development jobs and debugging is a ongoing chore - more so when I missed the request and the user tries to use the software the way they think it should work - does that make sense? Whereas I might understand (actually do) Cisco's CLI the GUI throws me for a loop just as with most hardware that I learned from the command line - the GUI's don't always make sense.

Anyway, I am going to tackle the AA now. Some of the tables look similar to SBX but I don't know what I am up against yet...

-bob
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 05/31/22 04:44 PM
When using the GUI to renumber stations and there is a conflict with an existing station number, use a * in front of the conflicting station number and then "Save". Next, renumber as you wish.

In other words, if I want to change extension 100 to extension 101, I'll first change extension 101 to extension *101. Then I can renumber 100 to 101 without a conflict.
Posted By: bobw Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 06/01/22 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman
When using the GUI to renumber stations and there is a conflict with an existing station number, use a * in front of the conflicting station number and then "Save". Next, renumber as you wish.

In other words, if I want to change extension 100 to extension 101, I'll first change extension 101 to extension *101. Then I can renumber 100 to 101 without a conflict.

Interesting - I will try that as soon as I get a chance -

Thank you -
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Summit 100 Station Renumbering - 06/01/22 10:40 PM
Great info Larry. Thanks much.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help