web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
bobw Offline OP
OP Offline
Good Day,

This is my first install for Summit (100), but have older experience with other Vodavi (StarPlus, DHS, STS) and Vertical SBX.

4CO, 16 Digital Stations.

I changed stations 108-111 (SLT) to different numbers because they fall between the digital stations and would like sequential numbering without the break
108->1080
109->1090
110->1100
111->1110

I thought by assigning new numbers that I then could renumber the 112 as 108, 113 as 109, and so on to obtain 100-115 numbering for the digital phones
BUT I cannot save the changes (reverts back to 112, 113 and so on..

Can the numbers be reused and then how?

Thank You in Advance
-bob

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

bobw Offline OP
OP Offline
In further testing I found that I could change 100-107 to 1000 -1007 and then 112-115 to 1008-1114 which gives me sequential numbering for the digital stations and left the SLTs in a higher number range

I was hoping that I could then go back and change the numbering to 3 digits again 100-107 and then 108-115 but it won't allow me to change back to 3 digits.

In oddity I noticed is the system is sensitive when using the GUI if you want to change the a flex button assigned to a station #. I found that I can't just change the value directly, say from 100 to 101
BUT have to change the button to N/A then go back and assign the flex as a station # and value.

I haven't tried this at the phone.

Any further help would be appreciated. I am going to try and get re-registered with Vertical today.

Thank You in Advance
-bob

bobw Offline OP
OP Offline
Correction of the extension edit, I was wrong. The GUI is allowing me to edit via the INPUT column and saving today.
Perhaps a bug in MS Edge browser

Admin
Admin
I find Edge is buggy in many of the telephony apps I have tried.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I had a similar situation when installing a fairly large Summit 800 system where four-digit dialing was required. After fumbling with the GUI interface (not a big fan), I chose to use a phone to make these changes. I ended up blanking out the extension numbers, and yes, it took forever, but I was afforded the ability to enter anything I wanted for extension numbers.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
bobw Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by EV607797
I had a similar situation when installing a fairly large Summit 800 system where four-digit dialing was required. After fumbling with the GUI interface (not a big fan), I chose to use a phone to make these changes. I ended up blanking out the extension numbers, and yes, it took forever, but I was afforded the ability to enter anything I wanted for extension numbers.

Ed, What you posted is in agreement with a friend I have who has done Vodavi/Vertical for as long as I have.

He said last night that he deletes all the stations numbers and then types them all in and saves it.

Back to Rather Be Fishing - yes I have found bugs that can be duplicated.

Some of this comes from developer vs installer/user. Although I have been in networking since 1986, voice since 1990, I have also taken on software development jobs and debugging is a ongoing chore - more so when I missed the request and the user tries to use the software the way they think it should work - does that make sense? Whereas I might understand (actually do) Cisco's CLI the GUI throws me for a loop just as with most hardware that I learned from the command line - the GUI's don't always make sense.

Anyway, I am going to tackle the AA now. Some of the tables look similar to SBX but I don't know what I am up against yet...

-bob

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
When using the GUI to renumber stations and there is a conflict with an existing station number, use a * in front of the conflicting station number and then "Save". Next, renumber as you wish.

In other words, if I want to change extension 100 to extension 101, I'll first change extension 101 to extension *101. Then I can renumber 100 to 101 without a conflict.

bobw Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by nfcphoneman
When using the GUI to renumber stations and there is a conflict with an existing station number, use a * in front of the conflicting station number and then "Save". Next, renumber as you wish.

In other words, if I want to change extension 100 to extension 101, I'll first change extension 101 to extension *101. Then I can renumber 100 to 101 without a conflict.

Interesting - I will try that as soon as I get a chance -

Thank you -

Admin
Admin
Great info Larry. Thanks much.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord), 77 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024